Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Braided Hoses

petejenkin

I must have tried two dozen places and cannot find any braided hose kits for the IS200. Fensport have a photo on the site but they are not available yet!

Short of buying a single front and a rear standard hose and getting some made up I just dont know where to go. Ive searched high and low.

Is there anyone out there who has bought some off the shelf? If you have, where the hell did you get them?

Thanks

Takakaira sell them

Yeah but they want £146 for the TRD set.

Tune-a-car want £149 for the Tom's set

Lextacy come out top sofar with the Stoptech one's for £111 (and Gold discount off that aswell)

(Lextacy's price also includes postage to the UK)

n00b Question :eerrrmm:

What are the hoses used for, and what benefits do you get?

They are used to replace the OEM flexible black rubber pipes you see going into each caliper. The benefits are they improve brake pedal feel and reduce sponginess as they don't flex/expand due to the pressure of the fluid under braking like the OEM pipes.

Gavin :)

i believe that the UK sells some of the cheapest high quality braided ss brake lines.

Goodridge does IS300/IS200 brakelines (at least in the US). These are not cheap, at least outside the UK. Expect to pay US$110 + shipping per set.

Let me know if enough people want these, I may be able to arrange something.

Thanks for the help guys, thanks also Duncan for the info on Lextasy.com.

I looked at Lextasy.com and a set retailed at $205 which equals £111.00, however they are out of stock and tried to push a set of Goodridge ones for $235 which equals £127.36. I thought this was a little expensive. Thanks to Alex (JDM_Parts_Guru) Ive got sorted.

Once Ive got my old ones off, I shall visit my local Aeroquippe dealer and see how much a set would be to be made up. I shall see also what the price would be for multiple sets and let you guys know. However Alex is a star, and I think he might be able to help you.

Incidentally, Aeroquippe hoses are MOD and Aerospace spec, so they are pretty good. I know a mate of mine got 2 sets made up for his Nissan 200 for less than £100 !

I've just fitted Goodridge ones , gotten from EARS Motorsport , fitting is a doddle , and fronts and rears are the same. The also include new sealing washers too. All you need is a 10mm , 19mm and 14mm ring and open spanners , and a flat screwdriver to prise out the pipe retaining clip. Just make sure you are competent to bleed the brakes thoroughly afterwards.