Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi folks.

Just wanted some opinions really. I just took my car to trade it in, and was offered £3000 for it! I only paid 4900 in March this year. That's crap, for a car in such good condition, even though it's got 120k on the clock.

Dunno what to do now, anyone reckon i'd get more private? And is it worth it with all the hassle? It's gotta go, cause we're movin house and 50 squid a week is one bill I could do without.

Thanks in advance :crybaby:

Not sure whats going on in the S/H car industry, but I've been trying to sell my GS300 Sport privately for a few weeks including advertising on this board and the prices seem to be dropping daily...perhaps its because the price of fuel is uncertain at the moment and anythng that does less than 30mpg is bad news???

Renault Clio anyone???

Second Hand market is rubbish just now. Been trying to sell my 99 GS300 SE for the last month (only asking Glass Trade Price) and, appart from the usual magazines/organisations trying to get you to advertise with them, I have had only one call and that was from a chancer offering 4 grand below book price. Told him to go take a hike :angry:

That's why I sold my GS in the end

At one point the book value was dropping a grand a month

Even three Lexus dealers said we don't want it.

One even said it a shame they announced the new model so early as it is crippling the used values of the current model!

You have my sympathy. :angry:

Wish i'd had the money now, and bought an IS. Better still, wish i'd never got rid of my Avensis! :unsure:

I can't keep it if i'm buying a house though. I ain't giving the government all that petrol revenue. Think i'll have to cut my losses.

What's strange is, I really wanted one. Now I hate it!

B)

Theres no harm is adertising the car - if its not sold within a certain period of time then cut your losses and trade it in - but if you dont try you wont know - you might get lucky..good luck anyway :winky:

Why not put it on eBay with a sensible..ish reserve. Im sure a few guys on here would add a bid to push you in the right direction.

My GS sport lookalike cost 3k in july 2002. Ok , it was damaged repaired stolen recovered with no history or documents but i still had no problem selling it in October 2003 for £3600 even though the muppet only had 48 hours before writing it off.

They are still fetching ok money up here in Liverpool cos im gonna grab another soon. Next time it will be a real sport in pearl white over silver. phwoooar