Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Uk Alloys Dealers?

aquanuke

Hi, Im thinking about purchasing an sc430 in the next couple of weeks and would really like a set of 19" or 20" chrome rims. Any ideas where I can get some in the UK (preferably near London).

Ive seen some nice ones going on eBay.com but a bit concerned about them getting damaged in transit / postage costs from states / not fitting the car.. etc etc.

Also im thinking of getting a used sc 430, do all the earlier models have the suspension fixed ie upgraded ? and if not can you just take it to a dealer and get it upgraded free of charge?

Cheers!

not trying to sound funny, but if you can afford a SC430, surely the origin of the wheels dont matter.

there are many decent wheel suppliers, if not manufacturers outside of the UK

Specifically in Japan and the US, that can get the correct wheels to fit the SC430

The suspension isn't broken so you cannot get it fixed. Worth asking the dealers if they can do the mods under warranty but I wouldn't think so. The biggest change was not using the runflat tyres so check for that first.

Cheers for your answers, I went to my local Lexus dealers yesterday and Im getting different answers to my questions which is what is confusing me :crybaby:

The suspension isn't broken so you cannot get it fixed.

My dealer says I should get one with a modified suspension which lucky for me all hes second hand ones have.. hes quoted me six months delivery for a new sc430 which is really too long for me.

Also hes saying I should not change the run flats, and Ive made a point that I really dont like the idea of run flats from what ive read.. but he never mentioned that a new sc430 has proper tires, do they?

not trying to sound funny, but if you can afford a SC430, surely the origin of the wheels dont matter.

Ok agree with you there, its just ive read another thread about some chap whos wheels got bent up and stuff and then another thread about someone else who said hes car drove like ******* over 90mph. Maybe im being overly concerned, its just I dont wanna buy a donkey and if I can buy the wheels in the UK least Ive got someone I can bolock over the counter if not the dog and bone :D

btw theres one going on autotrader at a reasonable price with only 5k on the clock and 20" rims, but I think its a Jap import. Do the Jap ones have any problems over here.. I guess UK warranty wouldnt cover it though.

2002 LEXUS SC430 COUPE/CONVERTIBLE 2002 Onyx

hes quoted me six months delivery for a new sc430 which is really too long for me.

My dealer said they it was a 8 month waiting time back in sept 2003....

And that car looks like a UK model....

Just gave him a call and its a Jap one, suspension has been sorted and being Jap its got telly on board.

But I wont get a Lexus warranty.

Any of you chaps give me any advise on buying a Jap import. Cheers.

I guess a uk car with less then 5k on the clock is going to be around £44K + from a dealer.

I had a 2002 BMW 330 convertible that was an import and it was a bit of a pig to sell, lovely car but folks just didnt wanna buy an import.

Still theres not really many low mileage sc430 around.

i like the sc430 as it is, excellent, a classic car in the making, drives fantastically,why change something that is already the best on the market?

I took a test drive in one the other day, was a lovely drive.. if anything maybe a little too smooth.

Change? only thing I would change is the wheels, the best thing about the original wheels is there easy too clean :yack:

:P :P Ho-ho...Mr Pedant here!

I hope that Davis (the sellers of the 430) were better sellers than spellers! The ad had some wonderful errors ; Satelite for one...(2 'lls' please....and you'd think that someone called Davis VEHICLE wouldn't mis-spell vehicle!!

Offer 30k cash; have it in your hand -take a bodyguard!-butI guess REALLY check it out. If you're spending £30k+, have a detailed AA check.

Cheers for the advise Chris.

I bought the car yesterday, not for £30k though! :shutit:

Was a nice car and it had been to a few shows so no doubt the same one that was mentioned earlier. Got alot of toys on it minidisc and dvd player and a niffty japanese bird talks to you!

The guy was a Jap importer and apparently it was the bosses motor, one owner bought brand new from japan. He had a field in the middle of nowhere stuffed with Scoobys!

http://www.svaimports.com/home.htm

Wheels did look nice too, havent got the car yet. Hes delivering to me next week.

Hi

I bought my 2002 SC430 used with the old suspension and a gauruntee from the Lexus garage they would upgrade for free if I wanted them too (Lexus actually paid for it).

I had test driven a new model and liked the ride, after a week I said I did want the upgrade.

I found the run flat/suspension just too damn hard.

They upgraded the suspension fitted new non run flat tyres and it transformed the car for me.

Personally I would nt but an SC430 without the conversion.

Robin

2 words LUCKY :tsktsk:

Nar seriously enjoy your new ride, welcome to the club and go GOLD

PS What does the steering have on it? (badging)

Is that a UK TV tuner?

And does it come with Mark Levinson soundsystem?

Cheers RazRankin, yer Iam a lucky b'stard lol. Wasent that long ago I was driving a beat up old Granada with no test or tax :winky:

Cant believe the looks you get in this car, seems like everyone gawks at this one.

Not sure what should be on the steering, but it looks like this...

5.gif

And does it come with Mark Levinson soundsystem?

Yes, but mines got minidisc rather then tape.. which is lucky cos I dont have any tapes.

6.gif

Is that a UK TV tuner?

They've put in a seperate TV Tuner (uk one) but this new tuner has two extra AV inputs.. so thats pretty kewl cos I can wire in DVD Player, Playstation, vid cam etc straight into the back maybe even a PC (depending on how good the resoloution is on the monitor. Could even use it as an audio in for an MP3 player.

Couple of bits are still in Japanese, which they said couldnt be changed.. but Ive pretty much worked out whats what.

7.gif

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links