Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Towbar

Looks like I might have to bite the bullet and put one of those towbar thingy's on the back of my 2003 SE! :sick:

Can anyone help with what to go for please? I'd prefer a detachable one for obvious reasons but I'm not to keen on the £600 Lexus price tag! For that price I could buy a cheap van and then I wouldn't need a towbar! :whistling:

Any help appreciated!

Cheers

Paul

TY121 Lexus IS200 Saloon 1999- £185.00

E-mail: sales@witter-towbars.co.uk

Witter Towbars

Drome Road

Deeside Industrial Park

Deeside

Flintshire

CH5 2NY

Tel: 01244 284500

Fax: 01244 284577

Web Site: www.witter-towbars.co.uk

Nice one, thanks for your replies guys, I think RYX has set me up with one but if that doesn't work out it looks like witter is the best deal, I can buy the Brink one online at about £190 too, looks like it's going to be a little cheaper than I thought!.

Thanks again

Paul

It depends what you want.

As I understand it the Brink and Witter models are fixed towbars where as the Lexus version is detachable. :)

I prefer the idea of being able to remove the bar when it isn't being used...............which would be most of the time for me. :ph34r:

That's what I originally thought, I'm not too sure about the Witter one but for the benefit of anyone else who's looking, the Brink is detachable and as far as I can tell is the one the one that Lexus supply which I have to admit at £190ish is a good deal.

Have a look at www.brinkweb.com, select Great Britain and then car details etc, it's the Brinkmatic Classic, you can even download the PDF fitting manual!

Defo needs to be detatchable, if not I might as well get a tartan rug, flat cap and nodding dog to finish off the ensemble! :lol:

Cheers

Paul

i think you need to attatch relays due to the stop light failure warning lights.

Also some cars have wireless rear lights.. but i think your ok with the IS200

is it possible to fit the Brinkmatic to the IS300 with the sports kit - I dont want to tow a caravan, just use a towbar mounted bike carrier with light kit.....

is it possible to fit the Brinkmatic to the IS300 with the sports kit - I dont want to tow a caravan, just use a towbar mounted bike carrier with light kit.....

My Brinkmatic fitted my standard IS200 with no problems but it came with a template which I guess you were supposed to use to help create a cut-out of a rear-skirt. Since I didn't have a rear-skirt, I didn't use the template but I guess this means that the Brinkmatic will fit cars with a sports kit if you're happy to do some cutting.

yes, the rear skirt would need cutting, this is why LGB do not recomend or give as an option the fitting when the sports option rear skirt is fitted.

however im not sure if there is a problem with it fitting with the TTE rear skirt

mmm - cutting the rear skirt - Ill need to think about that one

anyone on here with an IS with the sports kit that has gone down this route?

Hi Eddie...

Had a Brink detatchable on my 200 with styling kit and did not have to cut the skirt and will be soon fitting it back on the 300 with the kit. I think the problem arises if you have the earlier kit fitted with the deeper rear valence ???

My 200 was a 2001 and the 300 is a 2002 both with the factory kit fitted.

Hope this helps.

Chris

• 2 months later...
Hi,

I have the detachable Brink one: here's the pic.

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

Hi,

i know that picture. But i dont think thats the brinkmatik. Or am i wrong? I thought the Brinkmatic is almost completely hidden.

@lexy200:

Thx for your help. PM send.