Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Prefect Shine Kit

Just got a parcel from the States this morning - the Prefect Shine Kit from Lexus Care.Com,

What is the best way to use this? never used anything like this - well with clay anyway, it states to wash the car, do I then dry the motor or use this with the spray while the paint work is still wet.

Hoping to give her a new shine in time for the W/E Meet. B)

BR

Paul

Paul, when I did my car with the clay bar I had a detailing spray that went on to lube the clay up so it slides along easier without damaging the paint.

Did you dry the motor off first after washing or use the detail spray and clay straight away

To be honest mate it had pretty much dried itself, didn't bother drying it properly though, just rinsed it with clean water then went in with the clay - once I'd finished with that I gave it another wash with just water (no soap).

WOW - Thats was hard work, have just spent 7 Hours in total cleaning the motor, the clay is good stuff, got all the Cr*p of the roof that had been on there since I got the motor, was never able to get it off, after 1 Hr of the clay, the roof is now as smooth as the rest o the motor B)

Did as you did Aido, washed the motor and then straight onto the clay and then rinsed off, dried and then a very good coat of polish along with the Gloss - SHINYYYyyyyy :lol:

What is in the clay Lub, as I've used it all doing the whole motor, it smells like Washing up liquid but thought I'd check first.

C U All on SUNDAY - B) B) B)

BR

Paul