Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pipercross Induction System

P1PRX

Pipeross have now released a kit for the Lexus IS200

The kit includes a reinforced induction pipe and a large EVO filter.

Lexus Induction system

The cost of this unit is around £219.00

Pipercross are looking in to the possibility of making the pipe work in carbon fiber, this would increase the cost to around £299.00 what are you thoughts?

Any comments on this kit are welcome.

During out test and development work we found this area of the engine bay to be the coldest in forward motion.

During slow moving traffic the intake tempreture will increase abouve O.E spec but we find this has no bearing on overall perofrmance.

Dyno figures will be avalible soon as we are awaiting a software upgrade.

During out test and development work we found this area of the engine bay to be the coldest in forward motion.

During slow moving traffic the intake tempreture will increase abouve O.E spec but we find this has no bearing on overall perofrmance.

Dyno figures will be avalible soon as we are awaiting a software upgrade.

Could you not bring it forward a tad more (angle of pic makes it diff to guage) and box it off to prevent heat soak etc ?

PM me I've a cunning plan :whistling:

It won't fit the EU-IS. Cause of the ABS-Valve :crybaby:

Not sure, on the picture, it looks like the pipe is short enough for the filter no to be where the ABS is :unsure:

1 question : will it clear a strut brace ? looks like it is too high :(

If it is £300 for a CF pipe taht fits under my strut brace, I would get one :)

• 2 weeks later...

i have the full carbon fibre TDi Na induction kit, It has the same routing and is great. Heat was a problem till i removed the plastic piece behind the grill, this allowed 80% more airflow thru the grill. It does look like they will have to lengthen the pipe a little longer tho to get it behind the light.

There is also the issue that the radius from the top of the Carb means that is fouls the insulation on the hood, meaning that you have to SLAM the hood. but its ok realy.

Looks better than that last piece of $"!% they offered us

I spoke to Pipercross yesterday, the kits havent been put into production yet, maybe another month or so before they are available. I couldn't pre-order one either, so because I am extremely impatient, ive ordered a Trust one from elsewhere......

But with my experiences of pipercross in the past, they will be very good.....