Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modifying Navigation Controls

I recently purchased a RX300 with Navigation system and need to know how to disable 2 items. The "I agree" on startup and the movement sensor that limits the use of certain functions while the car is moving. Please advise. Thanks

You cannot disable the I agree without hacking the software and I don't know anybody who has done that.

The car movement blanking can be stopped by cutting the speed signal wire going to the nav unit. However it uses the speed signal to maintain position if the GPS signal is lost. I have seen someone in the US who has wired the signal through a switch so he can switch it off to use the nav and then switch it back on again. The other option again would be to hack the software.

I recently purchased a RX300 with Navigation system and need to know how to disable 2 items. The "I agree" on startup and the movement sensor that limits the use of certain functions while the car is moving. Please advise. Thanks

contact elite as they will fix it

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought that the safety screen was linked to the handbrake and not the speed sensor, Once the handbrake is lifted all the menus are accessible. If this is the case you need to find the wire going to the handbrake switch and ground it. This will make the system believe that the parking brake is on all the time, allowing you to go through all the menus even when driving.