25 members have voted

1. 1. Which colour?

• Black
    • Silver

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I went and had a look at the car today and all I can say is :yahoo: !

It's absolutely stunning, full service history (cambelt and plugs were done on the last one), the alloys are in remarkable condition and no shaking at 70, 75K miles on the clock, it has quite a few service receipts and most MOT certificates, two new front tyres and two part worns on the rear (with plenty of tread), the pads and discs are looking good, it has all the keys and both remotes.

Can anyone tell me what type of alarm this one has as it uses a remote key fob instead of an integrated key? I was told about this a few years ago, but I can't remember the specifics.

To be honest it's flawless for its age give or take a few very minor things.....so I bought it and collect it on Tuesday. :driving:

I've been looking at these for years and am very pleased to have finally got one. I like Japanese cars. :D

my log book has sport written on it too

I checked the log book and it doesn't specify Sport, nor Series I.

On the confirmation page of a HPI check, it cross references the plate as a GS300 Sport though.

The car has the etched rear windows and Sport badge on the front skirt (along with the mods). It looks lower than my Dad's GS300.

Don't worry nearly all of them have not got sport on the log book,sounds like a nice car and with the sport sticker on the bumper sounds very origonal as most i looked at including my own had been sprayed at front to cover chip etc ,sounds like your has not been touched so a good sign ,they were all changed at port of entry into sports so explains why log book do's not state sport ,happy motoring you will love it :driving:

Congrats, you've made a good choice if ya can take the fuel drinking!!

As for the alarm, did you say it's a seperate key fob that operates it? Does the sport have a different alarm to the standard GS peeps?

Don't worry nearly all of them have not got sport on the log book,sounds like a nice car and with the sport sticker on the bumper sounds very origonal as most i looked at including my own had been sprayed at front to cover chip etc ,sounds like your has not been touched so a good sign ,they were all changed at port of entry into sports so explains why log book do's not state sport ,happy motoring you will love it  :driving:

That gives me peace of mind, I've just been being over cautious.

Congrats, you've made a good choice if ya can take the fuel drinking!!

Now here's the thing, I currently have a 1989 Nissan 300ZX normally aspirated three speed auto (with overdrive), it's a 3.0l V6, and in comparison to what I get out of £20 town driving my Dad seems to get more from his GS so it looks like I'll be on a winner in that department. Granted it's not like driving a 1.whatever, but I've got used to having a bigger engine. The Sport is also cheaper to insure than my 300ZX. B)

I'll be sad to see my ZX go though. :crybaby:

Are the sport logos on the rear quarterlights etched, I thought they were just stickers...?

They might be stickers, at a glance they looked etched.

They are stickers and if you have small children like me they tend to pull them off , i have just seen my second set go from sport to ort in a couple of weeks keep meaning to get some exteriour ones in vinyl.

Well done on getting a great car.

I too have a Nissan 300ZX but with 3 pedals instead of 2 and a distinct lack of a pair of windy millers. I bought this to replace my Lex and there is no comparision so I too will be rejoining the Lex fold sooner rather than Later.

This time though it will have to be a real MK1 sport in the unloved white colour.

Well done on getting a great car.

I too have a Nissan 300ZX but with 3 pedals instead of 2 and a distinct lack of a pair of windy millers.

I'm just trying to wait patiently now to pick it up on Tuesday. :whistling:

I assume you have a Z32 then (twin turbo shape), mine is a Z31 facelift model (pop-up headlights). The Datsun/Nissan Zs and ZXs have been in the family for quite some years, my Uncle Pete is a huge Z enthusiast and has owned virtually every model except the new 350Z. He recently got his first 300ZX Twin Turbo UK car (1992) and it's a very nice stock example. My Dad has owned various Zs and ZXs too.

My Dad's had two Lexuses, a 1994 LS400 and now a 1994 GS300.

We all like our Japanese cars.

You are right. It is a Z32 without the Turbos. Its my fifth Z car but first Z32. It follows a pair of 280ZXs and a pair of Z31s.

I tried to work out how many Japanese cars I have owned and have lost count. The best one has to be the complete impulse buy which was the Lexus although my Supra comes in a close second.

B) :lol: B)

You are right. It is a Z32 without the Turbos. Its my fifth Z car but first Z32. It follows a pair of 280ZXs and a pair of Z31s.

I tried to work out how many Japanese cars I have owned and have lost count. The best one has to be the complete impulse buy which was the Lexus although my Supra comes in a close second.

Excellent!

I like the twin turbos: Z32 and Mark IV Supra, but have always been put off by the complexity of the twin turbo engines and maintenance, and I don't drive fast so it never seemed worth having all that power.

I have got some pictures of my Sport. The top two is the actual car I've bought (silver badges) and the bottom one was for sale at Lexus Swindon a few years ago, but it's the same colour and interior except it has gold badges:

gs300_sport_mark_1.jpg

MINES PEARLESCENT WHITE OVER SILVER WITH GREY LEATHER AND ITS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS.

APPARENTLY A RARE COLOUR COMBO

GOOD LUCK WITH THE PURCHASE AS THE REST HAVE SAID THEY ARE PRETTY MUCH BULLETPROOF

REGARDS

:zee:

G****

MINES PEARLESCENT WHITE OVER SILVER WITH GREY LEATHER

I've seen a picture of that colour combo and it's nice.

I pick it up tonight, but for some reason I'm concerned that the Vehicle Registration Document doesn't specify 'Sport.'

Is there any difference between the standard GS and Sport chassis numbers, e.g. my Dad's standard GS starts J153JSE7000***** and my Sport is J153JSE7001*****?

no need to worry ,as i said the sport has not always got it on the log book ,i did the same thing even phoned the dealer saying they had ripped me of ,the problem is they were all registered as normal cars and then turned into sports after they get here,Chassis numbers will not tell you the only way to tell is to phone some of the dealers that have serviced it from the log book ,and while you have them on the phone clarify the service history,phone the owner and ask for the numbers etc and check it before you pick it up

no need to worry ,as i said the sport has not always got it on the log book ,i did the same thing even phoned the dealer saying they had ripped me of ,the problem is they were all registered as normal cars and then turned into sports after they get here,Chassis numbers will not tell you the only way to tell is to phone some of the dealers that have serviced it from the log book ,and while you have them on the phone clarify the service history,phone the owner and ask for the numbers etc and check it before you pick it up

I wasn't doubting you Mudzs, I've just never spent this much on a car before.

I phoned my local Lexus dealer to confirm the chassis number and they couldn't find it, is this becuse the car has no history with that dealer?

I phoned my local Lexus dealer to confirm the chassis number and they couldn't find it, is this becuse the car has no history with that dealer?

Possibly, may be worth phoning one of the dealers where the car has been serviced.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links