Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Going For Gold

Hello

Can anybody tell me if Lexus Canterbury (Kent) does or will do discounts for Gold members as I asked the salesman who sold me the car before my 10k service & his reply was "we dont do discounts as the owners club isnt recognised by Lexus" :huh: ;) :blink:

Now excuse my ignorance, but isnt the name kind of affiliated???

Also, can you get insurance discounts? with what companys & by how much?

Please advise, as this could be the deciding factor for me Going for GOLD :geek:

"we dont do discounts as the owners club isnt recognised by Lexus" :huh: ;) :blink:

Hmmmmmmmmm we are not recognised,

Both Steve and Myself were at Lexus GB for a day , ahving a meeting, coffee and a meal with the Director of LGB.

we are on the PR mailing list, and they use the site to gain feedback on varios things like dealer reviews.

i think they recognise us

:shifty:

So what about the discount??? Is it down to the individual dealership or Lexus GB as a whole? basicly, I want to know if they will do discounts on servicing, insurance & I am also considering getting the sport kit fitted by them to be covered under warrenty :blink::unsure: ;)

Thanks for your help

Stuart

We have dealers across the country who provide discounts for LOC Gold members, ranging from 10-15% dependant on the dealer. It is largely down to the discretion of the manager. Some members whose usual garage doesn't do discounts usually find another one close by.

We also have 2 or 3 (can't remember off hand) insurers who offer club schemes and who can usually get a good deal on car and home insurance.

In addition to this, we have deals with companies ranging from theme parks to performance car companies who do offer discounts if you can flash your Gold card.

Obviously we can't publicise on the main forums 'who and what' (negates having Gold only deals), but you won't be disappointed.

If you're planning any work on your car you will undoubtably save money. And for £25 you actively support the club and help contribute to the costs of running - bargain I'd say!

As a first time Lexus owner I'm interested in the benefits of the Gold membership, but would like to know more about it as the Gold web page doesn't give detailed information.

Where could I obtain details on discounts, which dealers recognise the membership for service discounts etc, and general benefits and information?

As a first time Lexus owner I'm interested in the benefits of the Gold membership, but would like to know more about it as the Gold web page doesn't give detailed information.

Where could I obtain details on discounts, which dealers recognise the membership for service discounts etc, and general benefits and information?

Please see Claire's reply above

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...=0entry146757

I tried to register for Gold Membership last night and there was a problem.

I registered my details, the same as my forum details : eMJay, GS300 Sport Mark1 etc, but when I clicked on the continue button to pay via credit card nothing happened and now when I try to sign up to try again it says the details already exist, which is true, so now I'm unable to get to the PayPal credit card payment screen via the 'signup' method.

I'd prefer to pay by credit card than use the other methods.

Please can anyone help, I'd like to register asap?

Send a PM to Steve (admin) who should be able to help. He's swamped at the minute so you may not get a response straight away, but you'll get one asap!

Thanks!

I sent an e-mail to the address on the initial Gold Membership page explaining what happened, but thought I'd see if there was anything else I could do. I'll wait to see if I get a reply from that so that I'm not bothering anyone.

I sent Steve a PM this morning and got a quick reply with the answer I was looking for.

I have now paid and look forward to becoming an official Gold Member.

A Lexus and Gold Membership, this is too much for one week! :winky:

• 3 weeks later...
Hello

Can anybody tell me if Lexus Canterbury (Kent) does or will do discounts for Gold members as I asked the salesman who sold me the car before my 10k service & his reply was "we dont do discounts as the owners club isnt recognised by Lexus" :huh: ;) :blink:

Now excuse my ignorance, but isnt the name kind of affiliated???

Also, can you get insurance discounts? with what companys & by how much?

Please advise, as this could be the deciding factor for me Going for GOLD :geek:

Neither lexus canterbury or tonbridge will give discount which is a real pain if you live in kent as the nearest dealer that will give it is bromley.But i am sure if you tell them you are going to get the work done at bromley they will soon give you some sort of discount :whistling: .