Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Petrol ££££'ssss Grrrrrr!

i got sent this today - damn good idea me finks!! :D

We are going to hit close to 89p a litre by the summer. Want petrol prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and join in! Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP at 77p -80p, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP. If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I am sending this note to a; lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE Action:

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol somewhere else i.e. boycott BP and Esso.

whoops - i knew there was something else i needed to do b4 i posted the darn thing - check if it was already on!

soz if i'm repeating stuff, or if it's rubbish - it did SEEM like a reasonable idea to me...oh well!

In fact, they make very little profit from selling petrol in the UK.

Yes, they probably make a higher profit margin on all the drinks, chocolates, sweets, motoring accessories they have near the cash desk when you go to pay.

:crying::crying::crying:

The cost of petrol without tax is about 20ppl so it cannot be lowered that much without government help. Retailer make 5-6p, the oil company about 3p and the other 11p is the cost of extracting/refining/additives/storage and transportation.

In fact, they make very little profit from selling petrol in the UK.

Yes, they probably make a higher profit margin on all the drinks, chocolates, sweets, motoring accessories they have near the cash desk when you go to pay.

:crying::crying::crying:

How about we carry on buying petrol from BP,Shell etc., but we boycott buying sweets and drinks from there? That should really make them think twice about taking us for a ride!!!

:D :D :D

seen this floating around for years... it wont work

the only thing would be for everyone to STOP driving for 1 month!

remember.. the less fuel is produced, refined and barrelled the more expensive it becomes.

The only way it will become cheaper is if more people buy it

hey no worries mate.. your welcome to post this stuff anytime.. no one was having a go mate

we are all just as angry as you mate over these petrol costs.

hey no worries mate.. your welcome to post this stuff anytime.. no one was having a go mate

we are all just as angry as you mate over these petrol costs.

and the level of ANGRY is in proportion to the size of our engines - oohh errr misses

I thought that I heard the other day that if the fuel supply problems get worse then a 3 or 4 day week would be imposed. Also a ban on "certain drivers " using their cars.

Whatever that means.

How can a shorter working week be 'imposed' its not like we all work for British Leyland or a Nationalised industry any more. Has anyone else heard this or is it just more scary bowlocks?

There was a news item saying what proportion of the 83.9p / litre goes to the government...... in the UK it said 18p was production and transport costs the rest is TAX :tsktsk:

In the US the production costs etc. were similar (about 17p per litre) but they only pay 25p / litre for their "Gas".

In France it is the same as us but they pay about 60p / litre.

I know these countries have a different tax structure to us (more income Tax in France I think, dont know about the US). It just shows how the motorist keeps Mr Browns coffers full in this country. If we didnt drive our cars then they would have to get the tax revenue elsewhere, so it is not in the governments interest to make it difficult for us to afford to drive.

Rob