Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My LS400 has been partially resprayed after accident damage. The new colour is a few shades darker than the original panels. The more you focus on it, the more it looks odd!

Is this expected for a 12 year old car or have Lexus screwed up with the respray? I have always polished the car for the past 6 years, so I don't think the original paint would have faded THAT much?

Thanks.

Thanks for the advice. I've t-cut the car once before to bring out the original colour and have always polished every 3 months and used good sealants. The colour of the original panels matches the colour on the inside (such as when you open the doors and see the unweathered paint).

Yes, perhaps they didn't use the right "variant" of the paint code. As a customer, I shouldn't have to worry about whether they matched the paint or not, it should be matched full stop!!!

The colour is Deauville Blue, a sort of light blue/grey combo they used on Mark1 models. I haven't seen it on a Lexus since K reg models.

What are my rights? It comes with a 12 months warranty, do I go back to Lexus or via Norwich Union?

Colin,

Once again you are a good advisor! Called Norwich Union up and they are arranging for a post repair inspection by their engineers to check this colour matching out.

Thanks dude! :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links