Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Goldies Meet

norkep

The weather was perfect, the area that we was in was ideal and the BBQ - Well Done to the Chefs

Would like to pass my thanks to Claire for the venue, Steve and Claire's Hubby for being the chefs.

Was good to meet some old and new faces, and the motors still looked stunning espically in the sun - B) B)

Steve, you done a wonderfull job on your motor, looking brillant. B)

BR

Paul

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got in here as well - went for a drive on the way home and got lost (don't know where I've just been but lots of country roads all the way back!!!

Thanks to everyone for sorting this out, really enjoyed it and good to see everyone, as well as the new faces (Gordon & Gazza - think I've met everyone else already) - lots of nice looking cars there - of course mine was by far the cleanest after all the work I did this morning cleaning it :P

I'm now way too hyper after all those cans of coke so think I'm going to have to go out tonight to get it out of my system!

Really enjoyed this - lets do more mini meets - it's not often we get to have a mini meet with Metallica doing background vocals - still reckon Lars had the microphone stuck up his *****!!

The 3 litre cars are all mint - Paul's, Claire's, Steve's and the other Paul's!

All the 200's were in mint condition, I felt a right scruffy git turning up in mine with the quick wash :whistling:

Wonder if I'll be caught scratching my knackers in any of the photo's then :o

P.S. Am I the fastest person ever to break the SC bracket then??

Hehe, now you buggers have let me hear my car in anger I drove all the way back in low gears :whistling:

got back to ripley and booted it like my life depended on it - could hear the roar like it was at Donington and flew by some local neighbours - don't think they were very impressed but it made em turn round :P

Thanks for the offer of letting me drive yours mate but I wouldn't be used to driving something with that much power!

And we all forgot to turn right and do U-turns to really wind that fella on the end up - don't think he was very happy with you lot!!!

Going to get the bracket removed like Bazza says as you can hear it clanging when stuff is shifting about in there...

Did you like the IS then Paul?

Your car looked better than I've seen it before anyway mate, the stuff from LexusCarCare has done an amazing job of your's and Steve's cars!

P.S. What do I need to do with the accelerator cable that you mentioned??

Just a quickie to add to the thanks to all who helped organise todays meet!

Weather was amazing and I hope the rest of your necks are as red as mine!! Cars looked great, all of 'em!

Good to see people again and meet new people too!

All cars looking good even the dirty one, good day, nice to meet you all ,my arms + face all red, as i said good day must do agian sometime, i will be at santa pod for w/end anyone going ?( with 2 of my kids)camping.

That's Gordon's - he's got the roof spoiler coming too mate :)

What's that thing in the middle of your bumper mate in those new pics in your sigs?

You can race your car 3 times for £12, drink lots of stella (bud for you)besty you got boddington covers as well.

Sounds pretty cool - thought you were going to try to get me on the Stella / wifebeater matey?

You can race your car 3 times for £12, drink lots of stella (bud for you)besty you got boddington covers as well.

thats a real nice lex mate,what are the covers on the headrests mate,i like them.

That's Gordon's - he's got the roof spoiler coming too mate :)

What's that thing in the middle of your bumper mate in those new pics in your sigs?

thats my one of a kind trd badge,well i bet theres hundreds :lol: :winky:

Evenin folks, good day hey

It was fun in Donington on the way - lots of nice high walls to have fun with eh?

Besty, I think the covers in Gordon's car are his boddington covers??

good day !

steve the food was excellent, right up until you cooked it :lol::lol:

no seriously, well done to all who organised the day

nice to meet some new faces

and the old ones again

mine is somewhat redder now :blush:

pics coming soon

Did you like the IS then Paul?

Yep, they are nice motors to drive, dont harv shift though

P.S. What do I need to do with the accelerator cable that you mentioned??

Looks like you need to tighten the cable but you may need to do this on the acc. pedal if there is not enough on the retainer on the throttle assembly

On another note - I think I'm going to suffer tomorrow, I'm sitting in front of a Desk Fan just to keep cool, arms and neck still feel as if they are burning :nuke:

i will be at santa pod for w/end anyone going ?( with 2 of my kids)camping.

I'll also be camping there Gordon, me and my achololic brother-in-law :lol:

Will not be taking the motor down the track though, got a feeling that if I did, I'd need to be towed out. Can't have a lexus on the back of a lorry now - can we :lol: