Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reverse Audio Caution Beeper

Even after 4 years of driving the manual I embarrassingly hit reverse when ready for a quick traffic light getaway - why do you think Lexus put the annoying beep on in the first place?

The ears soon pick up the parking sensors over the din.

Now I have an auto IS300, the reverse emits an ear piecing buzz - I really cannot understand what this is for!!!

Fit a short shifter and you'll never accidentally find reverse again unles syou're built like Geoff Capes.

I never managed to do this once when I had the standard shifter fitted - saying that I did manage to chuck a Peugeot 406 into reverse at 80mph when I forgot what I was driving and chucked it into what I 'thought' was 6th gear :whistling:

You should have heard the noise!

With the B&M you'll never accidentlally chuck her into reverse again!!!

@Andycooke

Hmmmmmmm!

Quite obvios why they put the beeper on reverse gear..............for people who cant select gears properly!!!!! no names no pack drill!!!!

you phyisically have to surmount the gate notch and then push up before the warning sounds and then your in reverse anyway.....good grief......dont spend so much time on the mobile!!!

Nicnac

I assume from your posts that you are new to the IS200, perhaps you should wait a few months before you chastise others for an incompetent reverse gear selection. We are all brilliant drivers aren't we? Believe me, it will happen to you one day! :P

@Andyscooke

New to Is 200 I am indeed.... but not new to driving .You implied that it aws obvios why Toyota put the beeper on reverse but this has become more common these days on a lot of cars.

After the initial posts on this subject I took my car to the local church vacant car park and tried to make the mistake you all seem to find so easy to do!!

I didnt find it easy...infact i have driven cars that are much easier to misselect reverse.

Also as i mention if your on the move and do select reverse the buzzer wont save you as it doesnt come on prior to gear selection(ie when you mount the gate notch)but only when you are already in the gear .

and last I can see where you might go for the wrong gear if you drive loads of different cars and forget which one you are in but come on ...if your paying attention to what your doing ....not on this one :yack:

The forum should be light hearted banter and informative discussion, I think we're starting to get personal. We'll agree to disagree, perhaps the later models have addressed the problem. :driving:

Anyway, now I have an Auto box it's no longer an issue for me.

@ andyscooke

No offence meant ,I thought light hearted banter is what we were having

I think your right about the selection.It is a much stiffer ramp to reverse than you guys mention.Probably they upped the spring tension on the new ones :D

Best regards

nicnac

its easy to miss the problem if you go looking for it, wait till you're not looking for the problem. it's only happened to me once, no one can be 100% concerntrating on driving for the whole amount of time they are in the car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links