Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reverse Audio Caution Beeper

I have just sent for the Meta Targa Sr2 parking sensor kit which uses the number plate to mount the sensors.

What i would like to know is WHERE is the reverse beeper fitted as i would like to use this as the warning beeper instead of the one supplied or conversly disconnect it and use the new one.

rgds

nicnac

I will have to take a look at the reverse switch on the gear housing and see if it can be disabled without affecting the reverse light supply.

I have worked with cars all my life but am reticent to taking this one to bits as its the first car ive ever had with no rattles!!!!!

rgds

N

i will disconnect it as i dont beleive in it in the first place.I know when im in reverse ....i dont need a buzzer to tell me

as others may tell you, that's all well and good until you are in the wrong gear at a junction.... or think it;s in reverse when it ain't!

@ Woggledog

I dont know about you but i know what gear im in ALL the time.In 1976 i did a full driving course for reasons I wont reveal here and then did the advanced driving test.In my opinion if you dont know where you are in the geartrain maybe an automatic would be more suitable.

@ Woggledog

I dont know about you but i know what gear im in ALL the time.In 1976 i did a full driving course for reasons I wont reveal here and then did the advanced driving test.In my opinion if you dont know where you are in the geartrain maybe an automatic would be more suitable.

:-)

I do also, but there has been one moment where it felt like first, but was actually reverse. I'm sure that there are several people on here that will tell you the same.

As for your last comment! If you are willing to buy me an is300 with the auto box, then I'd be quite happy to drive an auto! :P

Oh, and 1976 was nearly 30 years ago...... :-) Time for a bus pass soon? :driving:

well when you've got the stereo on and as the IS gearbox is very close you cant be sure everytime. ;)

Please report back when it goes in the bodyshop for rear end damage :)

Also in 1976 what was you driving that had a close ratio box?

OK guys.......im 52 and got this far with NO accidents or scrapes or backing into the person behind me.....I got this far ..........maybe youll be lucky too.

as for the close ratio box? what has that to do with missing the correct selection of gears.Close ratio refers to the gear ratio ...not the short shift pattern!!

And finally in 76 i was 24 and riding a Suzuki T500 twin close ratio five speed twin two stroke motor cycle and driving a Mazda 616 which also had a goog short shift box!!

So listen to someone whos been around.....you might learn something.:) :yack:

PS Woggledog.The cheque is in the post :D

Did you find out how to disconnect it Mr Nicnac paddlewac? :winky: I've been trying to find a way of doing this as where I've got a quickshift fitted it takes some effect to misread that your in reverse.

Beep drives me mad!

* Whitie, ducks and awaits flack from other members * :eerrrmm:

No m8 Havnt had the chance yet ...will do it when the sensor kit arrives from UK

will post then and let you know......i still havnt seen a the guy i know in the lexus dealer here...he might be able to get me the service manual or Cd.will post that as well if i get it ....do we have an upload here?

rgds

nicnac

Not wanting to start anything here but i too am getting on a bit and when i drive the car hard(i mean hard) sometimes you can miss 1st and hit reverse then the beep comes in very handy...... :winky:

Motorbikes dont count :P

ha ha, not this old chestnut again! no ones perfect, everyone can/has/will miss a gear or select a wrong gear at some point no matter how long they've been driving.

hope you find out how to disconnect it anyway although i personally wouldnt.

I've never done it but I don't drive the IS that much. My wife, when in a hurry to select 1st, has ended up with it in reverse several times.

I think everybody I have spoken with an IS has put it in reverse at some point even though they haven't done it on other cars.

I cant understand where your all coming from.

On my one and a friends 01 one you physically have to slap the shift to the left to engage/surmount the ramp.

Maybe its a sign of the times that people dont pay enough attention to what they are doing and are more interested in their stereo or mobile phone or their other half in the other seat.

when you enter your car you are effectively putting on a lethal weapon......

accordingly...think what your doing and not whats going on in the office etc

Unlike what the polititions tell you speed has very little to do with accidents.....its inatentive drivers.All more speed does is make the consequences worse!!!

so if drivers cant do the simple task of selecting gears they should go and get trained....their mindset that is