Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking To Buy An Altezza

LazerBen

OK I am looking to buy one of these (probably an RS200)

I'd rather be the first UK owner of one, but haveing browsed over a few posts it seems there are problems getting the to meet emmisions tests on the SVA/MOT.

I am looking for a reputable seller who will ensure the car is suitable for UK road including any ECU remap that maybe required for UK fuel. Any recomendations or warnings of places to steer clear of?

Tell me what experience you have had buying yours :)

Cheers

Well,

I think 10k is a reasonable starting point. What spec are you looking for?

Manual or tip?

I dont think the ecu remap is a requirement, as many owners here haven't gone down that route and most haven't had any problems.

I agree with you that you need a reputable eSVA agent to get your car legally on the road. The garage I used, i believe, just stuck the orignal exhaust back on to get it through and then swapped it back when I picked it up. I spoke to AltezzaScott about going through using his services and he knows altezzas very well. Some places were even saying that you cant bring those in until a model report is done (rs200 tip was only available at the time through modelreports.com) AltezzaScott assured me he has access to the model report.

What I'm trying to say is, dont be too concerned about the eSVA if you choose the right importer

Also don't rule out getting one thats already here either, as there are some bargains out there.

If you can wait, get one through an import agent. If you can't then get one here!

hope this helps

Oliver

Spec wise from what i've seen so far ALL altezzas have what i need anything more than base spec would just be a bonus really. Leather would be nice but i havn't seen any with leather trim as yet.

Either the Tip or the 6 speed would be fine for diferent reasons really. Are there any problems with the auto box that i should know about? Auto r generally more expensive to repair.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont wanna upset anyone here but import cars worry me!! See the following list of worries.

No history.

Has It been stacked?

Most have been ragged by japanese rude boys.

Why spend ten grand on an import when you can buy a UK IS for about the same money.

Specs can be higher or lower. Turbos, bigger engines on Japanese models which is good. Trim level is Toyota not Lexus. After putting that I think Im losing my own argument. Rather have a f--k off engine than a bit of leather!!

There are some imports I can understand buying. IS with big lumps are well worth it.

Why buy a Celsior??

For the same money pretty much you can buy a LS. Which as you know is full spec.

Please tell me if you think im wrong.

I dont wanna upset anyone here but import cars worry me!! See the following list of worries.

No history.

Has It been stacked?

Most have been ragged by japanese rude boys.

Why spend ten grand on an import when you can buy a UK IS for about the same money.

Specs can be higher or lower. Turbos, bigger engines on Japanese models which is good. Trim level is Toyota not Lexus. After putting that I think Im losing my own argument. Rather have a f--k off engine than a bit of leather!!

Alot of imports DO HAVE FULL HISTORY AND ONLY ONE OWNER FROM NEW!! especially Altezza as its still a prestige car aswell as a sports car...

What do you mean stacked???

As many UK is200`s would have been ragged by either REPS or bad drivers... Or should i say, there are just as many well maintained and looked after imports as there are UK cars..

More for your money by buying an import.... not just spec levels... but price you pay.... I personally ( and i am being totally unbiased- scouts honour ) would never buy a UK car again... Simply due to price!

Trim level is an option.... Can get altezza`s with the same trim as is200`s although quite rare, as the Japanese market are not as obsessed with leather as we are.

As i have said before.... alot of peope are still very sceptical about imports, thanks to a very small number of "bad Eggs".... If sourced by a reputable person, there WILL NOT be any more problems with an import as there would be with a UK vehicle...

Most reputable importers will only bring in a car that's auction grade 4 or higher (never had a serious accident) and if you're worried about mileage and outstanding finance etc BIMTA will do the equivalent of an HPI check

Some fair comments there.

What I mean by stacked is crashed. The car could have been in a serious accident and there is no HPI available to check.

You have changed my view though mate.

Good.... Hope no offence was talking in the process though...

1 down about 10 million sceptics to go.. :lol::lol: