Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Fogs Misted

As the title says, i have a misted up front fog light, and it has it's MOT at the end of the month, so they need to be sorted by then, or it'll probably fail.

HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!! :P

Stu :driving:

my drivers side one was misted up, or more filling up with water !!

so i took it apart and resealed it, making sure all the lens joint had a good smear of sealent

and guess what !

yes within a week its filling up again :crybaby:

i drilled a small hole at the bottom to release the water

i suspect it is getting in from somewhere else, but havent a clue where ?

i shall endeavour to find out ;)

Funny you say that bazza, it's my drivers side one as well! It ain't quite filling up with water yet, but i suspect it won't be long!

Thought about taking the unit out and putting it on top of a radiator or something to dry it out, but unless i can stop the misting up, there ain't much point.

I did have a rather questionnable suggestion from a mate of mine, as in - i quote - put a bit of rice into the unit, that'll soak the f**king water up - unquote - bit daft really me thinks!

Anyone got any suggestions that are a bit more appropriate than my mate?!

Stu :driving:

Not at that price it's not!!!!! :P

Don't know if theres much point getting a new unit, as it may not be the unti that has the problem, it could be the area that the bulb goes into, if it has a seal around the bulb i mean.

Stu

Stu, I have a secondhand drivers side fog light with the bulb intact if its any good to you?

It appears to be in good condition although I don't know if it would mist up or not!

Mine went for a service recently & same thing spotted. Told to just leave fogs on to evaporate it.

Be carefull p.c plod with nothing better to do will catch yer and do you for £30 ,i know the git's did me :crybaby: