Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tracker

chip

Not sure Chip, just out of interest why would you want to install a tracker on a IS, they do have one of the best security systems and they are not a 'general' target for a car thieves? :unsure:

:offtopic: Slightly, but did any one watch Car Wars the other day. They went out to Lagos in Nigeria I think and the captain of the police force went up in a Helicopter to check for any cars that where nicked, and giving of a tracker signal. There was soooo many hits the computer struggled to keep up!! :blink:

Hi Chip I ended up getting mine fitted by Lexus. I had shopped around the independents (and most of the times the dealers use the independents) and the prices are all similar.

I have the Tracker Monitor which works well the reason I have it is the car is parked on a drive and it brings my insurance cost down, plus I know if I go out and someone tries to steel my car I get a phone call from Tracker giving me the chance to stop it plus they get the police.

This is the second tracker I have had. Would say have a look at the tracker website and see who fit it in you area and give them a ring. Some are mobile so you can get it fitted at work. I think mine cost around £650 + vat as I chose the lifetime subscription. If you are keeping the car for more than 3 years go for lifetime subscription.

Does a Lexus realy need a tracker ?:unsure: I mean, dose anyone on here know

how THE SCUM steal a car like these in the first place. WITHOUT A KEY OR TOW TRUCK. :blink:

Does a Lexus realy need a tracker ?:unsure: I mean, dose anyone on here know

how THE SCUM steal a car like these in the first place. WITHOUT A KEY OR TOW TRUCK. :blink:

Yeah, they break into your house for the keys first.....

Dantrack or Matrix as they are now called have a good system, it has the stolen key guard option and also it can be wired into the vehicles alarm system if requested so if the vehicle is stolen the control centre are able to immobilise it once it has stopped.

There are a few good points about this system you can removed it and put it in the next car if you wanted, which I don't think all tracking devices give you the option to do this it can also do mobile office and sat nav.

The down side is it's not the cheapest on the market and you don't have the option to do a life time payment.

:offtopic: Not a tracking device but Autowatch have a very good stolen keyguard system that I think retails just under the £100 mark, it's not approved by Thatcham but when you see how it works it is a very good idea.

So the trick to keeping our cars is:- Keep our keys in a safe under our pillows with six dogs and a magnum 44.

Then a tracker is not needed. ooor is it?? :shifty:

Tracker Monitor is what im having done atm, also the new Clifford G5 system too......... :whistling::whistling::whistling: better safe than sorry, that all i can say....... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

You'll need that lot on yours Maz.... :P

I fitted the Tracker Horizon on mine....... and sleep with the keys :lol:

i dont need any form of security device, infact ive not locked the doors in the last 14 months........

the car has been parked at TDI :yawn:

Sorry Mat..... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ok JK, dont worry matey, all good things are worth the wait..... :) :) :) :)