Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx Colour Combination

I'm on my third black in and out lexus. Black made a lot of sense to me with the RX as many of the lower bits of the car is black whatever the paint color, same goes for the spoiler - it's always black. Black makes the car more color coded and solider as it's all one colour.

Being a skateboard / Snowboard type, the black interior is a must - the light colours would be a nightmare to keep clean!

I've currently got the hybrid on order - you can't specify anything except the colour just yet. Surprise - it's black again!

One word of warning though - the black does scratch very easily - even with supa guard.

Had an RX300SE-L in Platinum Ice with the Oakham interior for a month now.

I wanted a dark interior, but my wife and the sales rep convinced me that it is a bit of a cave in the RX with the dark interior.

The Oakham interior is surprisingly easy to keep clean if you hoover the carpet every weekend. The leather is also very easy to keep clean, which is lucky because I have two kids under the age of three !

Apparently the Sussex interior with black mats is a popular shout.

Nickjwarman...I have the new 400 RH on order as well. But we haven't specified anything (nt even colour)

The dealer and my parents think Platinum ICe with Oakham leather, the wife wants Black in and out....I am inclined to go with the Platinum Ice one I think. All the RX300 in that dealership were of that colour (more popular) and it won't get dirty as quick as black.

It may be that they produce some colour specifically for the 400h. I loved my RX300 in Black - but you're right about keeping it clean - not easy!

I would consider a real silver colour but the lexus platinum ice colour seems slightly yellowish to my eyes.

The rep at the motorshow said we would be about to specify our cars around the autumn.

• 1 month later...