Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi folks

To cut a long story short, my CD changer has packed in. Does anyone know where I can get a second hand one? Or maybe an aftermarket unit that will fit?

Am really in the s**t with this one, I wanna sell my car - and theres no chance with it like this. I couldn't even get my disks out!

The last car I looked at when looking to buy a Lex had the disk changer changed and it was 900 quid!!!!

Please help folks, it's really gettin me down now. Generally I hate the car, and this is making it worse. :crybaby:

Nah, there was a clicking sound when trying to eject the magazine. When I finally got it out and stripped it apart (which are both not easy) a gear is damaged inside. It's been skipping for a while now anyway, and there's no focus on the lense. Basically, it's not Pioneer like the rest of the system. It's fujitsu, and to be honest I don't think much of it.

Im stuck!! :crybaby:

Now you've got the mechanism out, why don't you give it to someone in the TV/Video repair business - alot of the mechanisms use 'generic' cogs and pulleys. Maybe a long shot but its worth a try - if I was still in the trade I'd suggest you could send it to me, but I switched to computers 15 yrs ago, sorry...

I have had a similar problem and I replaced the failing cog. Unfortuneately I had no idea of the timing setup and I got nowhere with it. I eventually sent it to a place in the midlands, who fixed it for me for £100. I am in Spain for the next 2 months so I cannot get the name and address of the company but I posted it on here last year for a similar query. I got it from my Lexus dealer so ask you local one or phone Lexus Glasgow

Thanks for that, it's really good of you all to help. Will bear that one in mind. Only thing is, it's a little worse for wear now as I was having a bad day anyway, and kinda dropped it!

It's not been my week! :lol:

Anyone know an aftermarket one that will fit? I never knew how rubbish the radio was!! I normally only listen to CD's!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links