Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Value For Money Insurance For Ls400

Guys,

Just got my latest insurance renewal via Dorset Insurance Group with Norwich Union. They are asking for nearly £2,200! :tsktsk:

I had zero no claims last year and paid £2,000. I did make a claim recently (not my fault), so I thought I would earn 1 years no claims by now?

Anyway, who can recommend some places to find other quotes from their own experiences?

Thanks in advance,

I used to search multiple websites and obtain about 50 quotes before renewing.

Now, I just go to www.moneysupermarket.co.uk, click on Insurance and then click on Motor Insurance.

Saves loads of time and so far, I'm not recommended it to anyone who hasn't saved a wad of cash. And it covers most of the companies that will get recommended.... Would be interesting to know if it works for you!

Interesting! I tried Elephant, put details of my recent claim in, and it came back with 695 fully comp. A bit suspicious, since most companies were quoting me 3,500 last year!

:angry: Couldn't we gat a deal arranged somewhere as a Club? % off/discounts, low mileage/collectors cars/second vehicle etc all seem to be relevant. (Don't highlight the big wheels/hot-rod element!)

We do have a club deal. This is who I have insured with currently, however, the "special" deals they offer are better suited to Lexus owners who modify their cars or take them out on track days.

I just want bog standard insurance. :yawn::yawn:

Edited by ColinBarber

DUDE:

HOW MUCH. THERE HAVING A BUBBLE BATH!!! £2,200, ME THINKS THEY ARE FLEECING YOU MY GOOD MAN.

NOW THEN, I USE INSURANCE EXPRESS IN BIRMINGHAM. HAVE DONE FOR ME LS400, CAMRY V6 AND XJS. I PROTECT ME NO CLAIMS AND HAVE JUST RENEWED FOR THIS YEAR. £500 ON THE NOSE.

THIS IS ALSO INCLUDING A CLAIM I HAD EARLIER THIS YEAR WHEN MOTHER NATURE MADE LOTS OF SNOW AND ICE TO COVER OUR COUNTRY LANES AND PAULYDUDE HAD A SPOT OF SKATING (RIGHT INTO A GRASS BANK). I CLAIMED OF THE INSURANCE (AS ONE DOES) AND I COULD CHOOSE THE REPAIRER (LEXUS NORWICH). NO HASSLE OR ARGUEMENTS AT ALL.

I REALISE LIVING IN THE SMOKE HIKES UP YOUR PREMIUM BUT £2,200.00!!!!

THEY ARE ON THE WEB MATE.

BEST OF LUCK AND IF YOU DECIDE TO TAKE THEM UP MINES A LAGER TOP.

CHEERS DUDE :D :D :D

Paulydude, thanks for the tip.

I find it surprising that Elephant are quoting me 700 versus 2,200 and I DON'T have any no claims bonus. Big difference!

I found it went even lower when I added my retired father's name as a second driver.

Something out the risk being evened out when lower risk drivers are added to the policy.

Found a damn good link for how to save cash on car insurance.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/v...065352631,54323,

• 10 months later...

Guys,

Just got my latest insurance renewal via Dorset Insurance Group with Norwich Union. They are asking for nearly £2,200! :tsktsk:

I had zero no claims last year and paid £2,000. I did make a claim recently (not my fault), so I thought I would earn 1 years no claims by now?

Anyway, who can recommend some places to find other quotes from their own experiences?

:D Just done mine--Norwich union direct---£265--fully comp

peter

Two other good searches you can try, Confused.com they auto search 95%

of the country's leading company's and come back to you within the hour,

Also try Privelage insurance they are also very good.

It's all down to NCD. Insurance normally costs 1500-2500 but most people get 50-75% off

It's more down to where you live i think. I've just got fully comp for my wife and i on my LS400 for £480 with Admiral. Neither of us had any no claims as we've been overseas for 5 years. I'm 32 and my wife is 26, but we live in South Derbyshire.

Can you register a car at someone elses house? (eg. family member in the country) not sure if thats legal but the wife got a BIG rebate when she changed addresses from Blacon, Cheshire to Swadlincote, Derbyshire.

Just move :blush:

It's all down to NCD. Insurance normally costs 1500-2500 but most people get 50-75% off

It's more down to where you live i think. I've just got fully comp for my wife and i on my LS400 for £480 with Admiral. Neither of us had any no claims as we've been overseas for 5 years. I'm 32 and my wife is 26, but we live in South Derbyshire.

Can you register a car at someone elses house? (eg. family member in the country) not sure if thats legal but the wife got a BIG rebate when she changed addresses from Blacon, Cheshire to Swadlincote, Derbyshire.

You only live down the road from me mate!

I had a right game with my Merc

It's spec'd up to AMG standard with Wheels Bodywork etc. They wanted to classify it as an AMG even though it's a 320 CDI

They even rated it for the Panoramic roof the active cruise, the TV DVD, parking sensors front and back. Basically I was informed by Norwich Union and all the other firms I spoke to that you have to declare any factory fitted extras not listed on the standard car.

You chaps with the Lexus's are Ok for stuff like the Sat Nav where I was having to state this. You do need to be careful with Tesco's and a few others as they have a clause which will only cover Sat Nav and Audi gear to £1,000 thats wether it was fitted at the factory or not... I checked!

Frightened me to death.. ended up insuring with NU through Mercedes £700 a year.. but thats' with business usage too and I do clock a fair few miles, although full NCD.

If your recent bump that wasn't your fault hasn't been settled then the insurance company might still hold you as having no NCD, and worst still a recent claim. They seem to think it's fair to do this until they get all the money back off the third party's insurance company, then they will rectify your premium and pay you some cash back.

When I first took out insurance on my 1993 LS400 I was 28 with full NCD and I paid something around £650 3PF&T. Didn't bother with the fully comp, I think that was via a broker called Adrian flux. When the renewal came they insisted that I had an immobiliser fitted to honor the theft, but I didn't want to pay for one of them or have my dash hacked to shreads and left with rattles. I don't think the car is the type to be nicked so I didn't bother. It's now effecitively insurance 3P and fire!!

Hasn't moved for weeks though....see my lastest entry!!

Ah but that's because Swadlincote is supposed to be HEAVEN on earth (But SHHHH!! don't tell everyone.