Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Keys Stolen

Some skunk's gone and stolen one set of my master keys, leaving me with one master set and on valet set. Problem is the dealer 'lexus' wants £1000.00 to replace the complete lock set... has anyone experienced this or did I just buy the wrong (IS200) car?

You could just get the key codes removed from the central locking/alarm and the immobiliser although that won't stop them from being able to open the door.

Did you get a breakdown of the cost? I guess most of that cost is labour.

Thieving little :tsktsk: :tsktsk: Sorry to hear about this mate. How were the keys stolen. Im not sure but it probably is about right knowing lexus pricing -- go gold and get a discount -- i think you will need to have it done - i know i couldnt sleep at night if some :tsktsk: was out there with the keys to my motor :unsure::shifty:

if you fitted an aftermarket alarm and immobiliser (e.g. clifford) would that not solve the problem? although i'm not too sure how much that costs, and you'd also need to carry an extra keyfob ;)

If you get the key codes removed from the central locking/alarm you won't need a new aftermarket alarm. They all have the same issue, someone could use the key in the door but wouldn't be able to switch off the alarm or start the car.

You might even get cheaper insurance if you install an additional alarm!

Although, my advice to you is - when you come to sell it what do you say to the buyer if you have an additional alarm fitted, bearing in mind the security on the IS is top dog....

Have you approached your insurance company ?

Would they rather pay a grand for new locks or considerably more when the car gets stolen ?

Some time ago on Fords the little gits would prise off the fuel filler flap which incorporated a lock which was also the same as the doors/ignition.

At their leisure they could obtain a key to fit the fuel flap lock knowing that it would also open the doors and start the engine.

I know of a few instances where the reputable insurance companies paid for a new fuel flap and complete locks.

Im not sure but it probably is about right knowing lexus pricing

In this case I wouldn't complain about Lexus pricing, on our Fiat Brava it's over £1600 and that's just a Fiat! The lock's worth more than the car now :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links