Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I now have my new RX300SE for a couple of weeks and I am still pleased with the car. One of the things I have noticed is that the brake and gas pedal seem to be very close to each other and often when braking my shoe seems to touch the gas pedal, and no I do not have huge feet, I wear 10" (44), anyone else notice this or is it just me.

The centre air vents, can they be controlled independently, my wife does not like the air to blow on her wheras I do. The side ones can be turned off in turn but not the two in the centre, or can they? I know I can set passenger and driver temperature seperately but this does not cure the problem and no I am not getting rid of the wife!

Also this is the 1st car I have purchased from new where the garage has not contacted me to see how I am getting on with the car, BMW, Land Rover, Mitsubishi, Mercedes and even Toyota (LC5) do, must be a Lexus thing.

I must be getting hooked on this website, it's very addictive. Cheers Allan.

Hi Allan,

Welcome to LOC. The dealer should give you a ring, what dealership was it? Even if the car was used they should still give you a ring.

Can you not just direct the air vent to blow towards you rather than at the passenger?

I have no problem with the foot controls but only size 7 shoes.

The is no way to independently turn off the centre vents. I must say that i'm not keen on all the draught from them so I select the climate button and select the screen and feet button which still leaves some air coming from the side vents but non from the centre vents.

I think the reason you cannot close the centre vents is because of the climate control.

Depending on the temperature setting you require and the current environment, the climate control will adjust accordingly, changing the air direction and temperature as needed.

If the climate control needs to blow air through the centre vents but you had them closed, then you would build up a pressure in the ventilation system which could cause damage.

Thats why I think it is like that anyway.

My other half just points her vents at me. (Unless shes driving then she turns the whole system off).

Night-Time

I have enourmous size 12s (UK) which are even bigger if I've got my Timberlands on and I haven't had any problems. It is a seat position thing if you've got long legs ?

Pedal positions are the reason I arrived at Lexus in the first place because I couldn't get to grips with the offset pedals on the 3-Series (my dream car then (I'm ashamed to admit)) and went to drive an IS instead !