Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:crybaby: Hi, I have never used a forum before but on the basis that there's a first time for everything, here goes.

Its Wednesday and I'm worried, I have bought an RX 300 SE-L from a dealer without ever seeing or driving one before. The TV advert started the ball rolling. It looked great so I sent off for a brochure. It still looked great in the book so I set about tracking one down. There is no Lexus dealer in my area and I live on an Island so the whole deed was done on the Net and phone. Having tracked down an ex Lexus owned SE-L, I did the deal and on Saturday I'll be handing over a whole wedge of hard earned money to take delivery of something I know very little about. Slightly crazy I know, but kind of exciting too. My wife wanted an X3 and the kids an XC90. But it was the toys that sold me on the idea of the Lexus. Will I regret the decision ? Will my wife say I told you so and make me eat Humble Pie for the next two years? Will the Air Suspention make the kids sick? Well if so, I'll blame you guys because before finally taking the plunge I read your Forum Topics and believed everything you said !

I'll let you know how it goes.

• Like 1

I know you have made the right choice. I shopped around for ages looking at the X5 / M Class / Toureg / and others.

I had never owned or run a jap car before but the Rx 300 is a joy to drive.

It was its looks which first took my attention, as I had never heard of them before, but after a couple of test drives I was hooked.

I read this forum endlessly before purchasing and if it makes any difference traded my 18 month old Audi TT for it. It was tough as I have only ever really owned and driven German cars prior to the RX, but there is nothing to fear, the Lexus really is a great, no, fantastic car.

My 300 SE-L was purchased new on the 8th March and I am still really enjoying the car as I'm sure you will.

You'll see what we all mean when you pick it up.

Happy driving

RXMike :D

You've made the right choice. RX300 is fantastic.

I had Lexus IS200 for 4½ years, and just got my RX300 two weeks ago. First the RX300 felt like a truck (after IS200), but now when I've got used to it, it really feels great! I've never had a car where I have liked to sit on the rear seat, but I love to relax on the backseat of RX300 drinking beer while my wife is driving...:)

Good choice!

Edited by ColinBarber

I was in a similar situation. I was on the waiting list for an X3 (the wife's choice) but changed my mind after reading several bad previews of the X3.

We took delivery of the RX300 a couple of weeks ago and can say it was definitely the right decision in that I extremely happy with the spec, finish and overall quality of the RX. This was been reinforced yesterday when I had the opportunity to compare both cars directly as they were opposite each other at the Canary Wharfe Car Expo. The X3 isn't a bad looking car but once I sat in it the lack of quality compared to the Lexus was obvious.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...