Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

80k Service & Mot

Just had the 80k service (even though it's on 72k - it's been 12 months since it's last service) and MOT done on my IS. It needed a new n/s ball joint, which funnily enough was only replaced 12 months & 5k miles ago. Has anyone experienced such premature wear on such a component? Front discs were replaced as they were warped - the juddering had got a lot worse over the last few weeks - seems fine now.

Dealer also replaced wheels under warranty (3rd set in 12 months) as the refurbs that were put on a month ago were suffering from some type of reaction under the laquer that could be best described as little cracks forming on the face of the alloy. They also replaced the Bridgestone tyres under warranty due to the cracks that had appeared in between the tread groves (see my earlier post on this) - they had only covered 5k miles.

Dealer provided GS300 to use over the weekend while work was carried out.

Sandeep

Sandeep,

I went through the 90k barrier earlier this month. The ball joints went on mine at circa 70k from new. Can I offer some advice? ...... get the timing belt done now. Don't wait for the 100k service interval. Mine was shot to pieces and was hanging on by a thread at 90k.

Thanks for the advice. I've seen some pics on LOC of someones timing belt that was seriously close to breaking - was that yours?

How much did it cost to get the belt done and did you have it done at a Lexus Dealer?

Sandeep

The belt change was about £300. The all up cost of the service was £1100. That included 2 new tyres a 90k service new front discs / pads / calipers. I managed to get the rear discs / pads done for free as they had corroded from being replaced a year earlier. This was done at Lexus Stockport and no they were not my pictures. Hope this helps.