Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hks Hiper...

To loud inside of the car?

That you have to test. Get/build a long Silencer and cut it down until it sounds right for you. Perhaps a motorcycle-garage can do that.

But its not easy.

Because of this very long silencer you only hear the exhaust when speeding up. Its very quite inside. Its not like a typical BMW-tuning-exhaust (deep roarrr), it has a much higher note, more like a trumpet. Asia fast and furious.

If you know the video of the I6-Exhaust-Competition from NorCal-Meet it is similar to the HKS Carbon/Titanium (last car in this competition). Thats how I wanted it to sound.

Sounds like you're happy then Pete! Sounds awesome when she's warm right?!

Luckily I'm working 70 miles from home at the minute so taking the car everyday just so I can hear her warm - sounds bloody mad when she's warm and it's getting bloody louder (and I don't think mine goes as loud as what you NA boys are!!!)

When I first fitted mine it wasnt that loud but then after a few miles it went through puberty and its balls dropped or something and its much deeper now, oh, plus the induction kit helped.

Took her for some thrape last night down the motorway just for purposes of testing and bedding her in of course :whistling:

I hope the smell goes in a bit, its gastly.

I think I will get rid of the pre-cats, but Im just a little worried about test time, and really cannot be ****d with changing things over again just to satisfy a test.

Just want an induction kit now....... nice sound at both ends then............suck at front, blow at back.. :ohmy: :D

Yeah, I think I will remove the Pre-Cats, I must source some replacement pipes.

One thing that concerns me is the temperature of the tail pipe. Is this heat likely to damage my paint on my rear bumper. The tail doesn't touch, there is about a 15mm gap, but it gets damm hot. Should I put a heat shield on do you think?

Pete, mine gets as warm as chuff but no problems with the rear bumper. Similar spec to yours except with the charger fitted.

Think Duncan has got some heat wrapping stuff on his car, or maybe Besty??

now get the TDi induction kit, i had the hiper b4 i fitted the induction kit. all i can say is that it ROOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSS like hell and is much better than with the standard air box. Throttle response is greatly improved and power is definately up!

well its carbon fibre on the outside but truth be told its fibreglass on the inside! but it looks great. altho i had to drill it to mount the air temperature sensor.

Not got the cold air scoop thing, but wish i did. definately worth having.

Buy one now!

well its carbon fibre on the outside but truth be told its fibreglass on the inside! but it looks great. altho i had to drill it to mount the air temperature sensor.

Thats Interesting...... Surely the fibreglass on the inside isnt silky smooth?

In my old days of modding the V6 Essex & Cologne Engines :yack: we used to make our own induction kits. We experimented with all sorts of things, including fibreglass tube, which was rough on the inside. We found that the smoother the bore of the tube, the greater the airflow? We found that any obsticle in the flow of air, caused a change, and the idea is, to get the air "spinning" in order to accelerate the flow of air into the plenum. Any roughness reduced the spinning effect and caused it to tumble which caused resistence. These theories were proven on a flow bench that we made. Sharp bends and welds that have penetrated too much internally and not ground back also have the same effect.

I might me wrong in this instance, as technology has developed just a tad since the days of the Capri :whistling: but just a thought, thats all.