Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Workshop Manuals

petejenkin

Ive had a reply from LGB with reference to the Manuals, here it is:

Mr Jenkin,

I have now had the opportunity to investigate this with our technical department, who have advised that the following manuals are available for order from any Lexus Centre (contrary to the advise provided by Lexus Hull). All prices are given in R.R.P.

There are three repair manuals on IS200

Volume 1 publication No. RM684E1 (£65.87 + VAT)

Volume 2 publication No. RM684E2 (£95.12 + VAT)

Supplement Volume publication No. RM870E (£127.17 + VAT)

Supplement Volume publication No. RM776E (£10.05 + VAT)

Note! None of the above contain electrical wiring diagrams that's a separate manual publication No EWD368F (£45.54 + VAT) and a supplement volume publication No.EWD 452E (£63.71 + VAT)

As mentioned, these can be ordered at any Centre by there publication No.

I hope this helps

Best Regards

Aaron Simmons

Lexus (GB) Ltd

Would there be any chance we could maybe get a group buy going for them, either on their own, or as a set. I must find out what the supplements contain, it might just be servicing data or something.

They are very pricey indeed dont you think, but us budding modders will find them very useful.

The supplements contain the revisions made to the vehicle. If you have a 1999-2000 model then there wouldn't be a need for the supplements however the newer models have more kit - e.g. extra airbags, brake assist, EBD, DVD sat nav etc.

The three books are normally engine, body and chassis (which normally contain wiring diagram) and the electrical wiring (more detailed than the one in body and chassis).

Plus, why is one supplement £127 and one is £10?

Probably because one is much larger than the other.

I would guess one is for the 2001/2002 model which had many large changes and the other is just for say 2003 or 2004 changes. You need to speak with your dealer to find out the full title and publish date.

Here's a picture of what the manuals look like

There is VAT on books - just that it's at zero-rating.

Ha Ha :) That's how i worded it first Colin...

Then backspaced and redid it to make it as simple as possible :D

That wiring supplement must be quite something.

It costs 1.5 times the book it's a supplement to - heavens :blink:

Just spoke with Lexus Grimsby, Ive ordered and paid for a set, should be here on Tuesday so I will let you all know what they are.

I am an impatient sort of git, so I couldnt wait for a group buy to happen.... :lol:

Its cost me 171.04 for Volume 1, Volume 2 and the Supplement RM776E. Apparently the other supplement is for Auto Transmission. Didn't bother with the wiring one yet, i tend to leave electrics alone, nasty stuff..

It would be nice if a group buy could still go ahead though so everyone else can benefit, but Lexus Grimsby did say that the Goldies Discount doesn't cover for repair manuals or books of any kind. tight gits :ph34r: