Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Se Or Sport

Cheaper insurance with the SE.

:D :D

only a group cheaper though.

go for the sport mate, i didnt consider the se cos the price difference was so minimal.

I checked the insurance out this afternoon.. It works out that I get a refund of £11 for the next 2 months before my renewal is due if i change my V reg is200s to the newer Is200 Sport..

go figure!

Just been underground lol...just not had much chnace to come in the forums or in chat.. maybe it will change with the new lexus

i've had an se (2002) and a sport (2004). To be honest I'd have the SE, the milage is lower and the only noticable difference between the SE and the Sport is a bit of extra styling on the sport. The SE is a slightly smoother ride too.

There's hardly any difference really, so it's whatever you feel like!

I would (and did) go with the Sport.

Don't forget you also get LSD which is not an option on the SE - I also love the window tints (but looks much better when the fronts are done too).

I've got a sport and I'm sure if I'd have got an se I'd be regretting not getting a sport. Also its not just a little bit of styling:

Additional Features – IS200 SE

17 inch alloy wheels with locking wheel nuts

8-speaker hi-fi system

Leather/Ecsaine® seat trim

Electrically multi-adjustable heated front seats

Electric one-touch tilt and slide sunroof with anti-jam protection

Headlamp washers

Additional Features – IS200 Sport

17 inch alloy wheels with locking wheel nuts

Limited slip rear differential

8-speaker hi-fi system

Leather/Ecsaine® seat trim

Electrically multi-adjustable heated front seats

Electric one-touch tilt and slide sunroof with anti-jam protection

Headlamp washers

Two tone steering wheel

Sports pedals

Stainless steel scuff plates

Rear spoiler

Dark tinted rear windows

Stainless steel exhaust pipe finisher

*IS200 Sport has a lower suspension set up than the rest of the IS200 models. Vehicle height of the IS200 Sport is therefore 1405mm.

I got the SE instead of the Sport for these reasons -

Slightly cheaper insurance (about £40 pa)

Softer ride from 17" wheels instead of 18"

IMHO the standard 200 doesnt have enough power to justify requiring a LSD. With s/c it might be a different sorty

17 tyres are a great deal cheaper than 18's

Reasons to get the Sport -

Looks nicer

the sport also has 17" wheels unless you get the styling kit, doesn't it?

If I had had a manual, i think i would have bought a sport too, but based on those two cars there, i'd pick the SE because i don't think that they should be the same price considering the sport has an extra 10000 miles on it

I'm on my 3rd SE Auto. I didn't get the sport because I wanted an automatic - also I like my ride quality... doesn't the Sport have a lower ride height?

Having been disappointed with the two IS 200's for sale locally and privately, and having read a little more on here, I have now begun considering an SE, and the Auto option, along with the sport, and additionally I am thinking of sticking to a Lexus Dealer.

Our local Lexus guy has a 2000 "X", 25K, Mint (his words) that he'll "let go" for £13K ..... Now if he gets to nearer £12K he'd most likely have a sale. ;)