Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 At Lexus Dealer

Hi

On my pursuit of my IS200, I came across a Lexus Dealer's mistake in advertised price for an IS200 Sport with Sat Nav on a Y/2001 plate.

They will honour the price I saw it at, making it a steal really from a Lexus Dealer.

The car's in the colour I wanted, interior colour i wanted, av. miles, sat nav and all in as new condition inc 4 freshly refurbed alloys :) Coniditon in and out is superb!

Problem being... The service history! The car's first "stamped" service was at 29k. By the same Lexus dealer it was sold by in the first place. It's now done 40k ish and has just had another big service.

It's possible the original owner had it serviced elsewhere and didnt get it stamped. Quite hard to believe someone bought a new expensive car and skipped servicing! I've spoken to the original dealer and they confirmed they didnt service it to 29k, and only other minor visits to the dealer (like lost key and a replacement bit of trim).

Just wondered how good these cars are at withstanding the possibility of NOT having been serviced or atleast not by Lexus. Until 29k (done in 18 mths). Its been very well serviced and cared for since thats for sure.

Opinions?! Snap it up at £1.5-£2k less than it should be priced by Lexus, or run away?! :duh:

What does the RAC report say?

I'd have thought if everything is well and in good condition (how does she drive), the service stuff would mainly affect your resale value more than anything else..

RAC report is being done today, and will be faxed to me on completion. Don't have the luxury of being able to test drive it as its 200 miles from me on a Lexus forecourt. If/when I go up there it would be with full intention to purchase.

Tempting, very tempting! I suppose the Lexus 12mth warranty is some safeguard atleast. Resale value and ease of selling in 2-3 years with an incomplete service is a bit of a problem.

I've seen its 20k/30k service notes today, nothing untoward there. 40k just been done was big but the car is apparently now as "new"! But its like up to 29k (when it was Lexus serviced) is a missing piece of the jigsaw

To quote lexus' web site:

Lexus Warranty: Minimum of 12 months, unlimited mileage

***Lexus Approved Service History: Servicing checked and up to date***

Lexus Vehicle Preparation: Every Lexus prepared to exacting standards

RAC Inspection: RAC quality approval of every Lexus Approved Used Car

Independent Mileage Check: Stated mileage verified

***30 Day Exchange: Reassurance from mechanical or electrical faults***

You'd getting a steal anyway. If there is anything wrong, take it back and get your money back, courtesy of the 30 day exchange rule

what you may lose in px due to lack of FSH it sounds like you are gaining in ther wrong price being displayed

Yeah very true points, I was thinking that earlier - I'm saving £1.5k now due to their error, I just have to remember that in 3 years when I come to sell it and can't get as much for it due to the lack of FSH.

PQuist- Nothing really from the two Lexus dealers involved until around 25-29k. It then had a small dent removed, a replacement key, and its full service at 29k (stamped 20k and 30k in the book in one go).

I've seen the 29k service, and nothing untoward on the service invoice. Only extra parts used were a piece of trim for the boot, and a replacement spanner!

Looks like I may be off to view it at the weekend. And then start some styling!

***30 Day Exchange: Reassurance from mechanical or electrical faults***

If there is anything wrong, take it back and get your money back, courtesy of the 30 day exchange rule

Just a word of caution - I'm having a hell of a problem getting them to take my Approved car back under this scheme (I found out it has been accident damaged and repaired). I'm currently in a civil action to try to get them to honour the 30 day rule.

Is the dealer selling it as a Lexus approved car? If they are then I would speak with Lexus GB as it should have a full service history.

Maybe there are not selling it as a 'Lexus approved car' which is why it is cheap?

There was a post in here about a Lexus Dealer who sold a car as having service history and it didn't ..... car was eventually returned to them about 12 months on for a refund / replacement. Maybe it's the same car? See if Tony H posts with details. I think it was a graphite / granite whatever it's called car with about 40k miles. Dealer is about 125 miles from Poole though ..............

Thanks for the replies..

It is being sold as a Lexus Approved Car, and I confirmed with the sales manager that it includes the lexus 12 mth unlimited mileage warranty etc.

Its cheap because I caught it advertised at the wrong price and they are honouring that price for me. Forecourt price is now £1.5k approx higher.

I will speak to Lexus GB, good idea. It had the wheels replaced under warranty, but apparently you dont need to keep the services up to date to keep the warranty valid?!

This is a blue one, so not the grey one you mention Steve.

You do need to keep the services up for the warranty. Doesn't have to be at a Lexus dealer but you must get stamps.

A dealer could quite easily say it has full services when ordering warranty parts or order them under a different car.

I would check with Lexus GB about the warranty. Last thing you need is to claim on it in 8 months time only to find out it isn't valid due to lack of history.