Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I bought a IS200SE 53 reg a couple of weeks ago - great car, love it more than beer and my wife (well almost!)

Has anyone elase bought a parallel import and has had to register it in the UK for the full 3 year pan european waranty.

How do I go about it?

Has any Lexus Lovers out there bought a grey / parallel import and had any isssues?

my IS was classed as a parrallel import as it came from Ireland, I had a couple of months left of the lexus warranty. Cd player was playing up so I took it down to lexus leeds. They need your log book to register your car once that was done they ordered another cd player and replaced it no problem.

It is also coming up to its 40k service just before the warrenty expires so if it needs anything under warrenty it will be covered.

Prices for services vary alot from dealer to dealer, Quote from lexus leeds 380.00

Quote from lexus teesside at first was 415.00, told them I could get it done cheaper they droppped the price without any haggling to 315.00.

hope this is helpful

my IS was classed as a parrallel import as it came from Ireland, I had a couple of months left of the lexus warranty. Cd player was playing up so I took it down to lexus leeds. They need your log book to register your car once that was done they ordered another cd player and replaced it no problem.

It is also coming up to its 40k service just before the warrenty expires so if it needs anything under warrenty it will be covered.

Prices for services vary alot from dealer to dealer, Quote from lexus leeds 380.00

Quote from lexus teesside at first was 415.00, told them I could get it done cheaper they droppped the price without any haggling to 315.00.

hope this is helpful

The car was orinally sold new from Pinewood Toyota in London so it should be 100% OK. I am told the car is from Belguim and is UK spec, although the log book and HPI check that I did make no statement that the car is a parallel import so do I have to state this when I sell on it????? (perish the thought!)

The VIN / Reg is not registered with Lexus UK so I have been told by Lexus Leeds that I need to register it. ????????????????

I think Lexus Leeds are being a bit ****y as they have the same car with the same extra's on their forecourt for 3K more than I paid for mine.

Anybody else had this problem with UK Lexus dealers and parallel imports?

The car is only 4 months old and with 3K on. Is there any problems I should look out for or are these as good and reliable as I have read?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links