Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Please can anyone help with the following.

A bird 'took out' my sidelight and I went to collect the replacement this morning. Having been told that the unit came with all the connectors, etc it turned out that it didnt. When the light was smashed, it has damaged the connector that plugs into the back of the unit and this is a 'Lexus special' and not available elsewhere. When I asked for a quote to replace this connector I was told that it was part of the complete front loom which cost £944 + VAT + fitting.

This is bl***y ludicrous !

Does anyone know what I can do to solve the problem, ie where can I go to get just the connector with 4 ins of wiring out the back so I can solder it onto the existing loom ?

Nick Howard

dude,

that's a :tsktsk: con...anyone would think that lexus make car parts out of gold, given the prices they try and charge...

my first thought is whether you can find an auto electrical shop that can sell you a similar connector.

secondly, secondly, try eBay for cheap wiring looms (they sometimes supply new wiring looms for retrofitting HID headlights)

thirdly, if worst comes to worst, try ordering the loom from the US, should be cheaper than UK sourced parts.

good luck!

M

ah, or you could find a salvage yard with a LS400 and get them to sell you the wiring loom!

my first thought is whether you can find an auto electrical shop that can sell you a similar connector

e-mail me a picture and some details and I will get Derek to have a look to see what we have in stock that may help you, £944 is stupid.

if you are interested then pm and I will give you my e-mail address

Thanks for the replies.

On the way into work this morning I went to two car electrical factors and they said that it was not one they had ever seen in the UK.

I have just come off the phone from talking to Lexus customer service and they admitted it was a 'rediculous' position but said that they could not give me a £944 loom to cut off a connector. They are now contacting Guildford parts dept to ask why Lexus parts UK can't get hold of just a connector.

I predict that I will be looking for a breaker, so if anyone knows of one thay have used before then please let me know.

Nick

I predict that I will be looking for a breaker, so if anyone knows of one thay have used before then please let me know

www.clevemotorsalvage.com telephone 01452 410000 I have used them in the past very good service and they do mail order.

Maria

Thanks Maria

I tried Cleve Motor Salvage and they had a 400 being broken, but surprise, surprise, the connectors fron the front had already gone (all of them). Obviously a common problem.

What happens when someone has to repair a vehicle with damage to the front lights and broken connectors? Does the insurance company pays for the complete front loom at £944, and they cut off the connectors and throw the rest away? Or do they charge the insurance company for the new loom and then go down the breakers yard and cut the connectors off ?

I tried Cleve Motor Salvage and they had a 400 being broken, but surprise, surprise, the connectors fron the front had already gone (all of them). Obviously a common problem.

Yea i went up there a few weeks ago,after phoning them and asking them if the 8inch sub,over the phone they said yea we got one.So i drives up there,goes in and asks them about it,they said yea theres a LS 400 out in the yard....

So after looking long and hard,how hard is it to spot a LS 400 :whistling:

I finds it....wait for it,i could only tell it was a Lexus cos the key was in it with the name on the key...there was only the front half of it left,minus the roof...and that was sold :rolleyes:

They cut the car in half and sent the rear off abroad,so there went the sub :whistling:

There was nothing left on the front half,nothing :angry:

Just a word of warning to you all,double check before you drive over to them.

I was not very happy at all :angry::angry: ,wasting my time and petrol going up there for nothing...all they had to do was to check out what id asked them over the phone and call me back or ask me to phone back later on. :rolleyes:

Good luck with getting your car repaired.

• 3 weeks later...