Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Towbar / Electrics Info

Fitted a Brink detachable last weekend and I'm in the process of fitting twin electrics.

Brink towbar number 2973 (same as fitted by Lexus but hell of a lot cheaper from web) £234 inc vat and delivery

No bumper cuts required

Towbar was fitted in around 90 mins

Electrics were almost a quarter the price that Lexus quoted.

£62 inc vat and delivery

Anyone need any help, don't hesitate to pm.

Cheers.

Kev

Was the loom for the lights from brink aswell ?? and was it a solder install or a multi plug fit.

Took the Brink off my 200 last year and not got round to fitting it on the 300 yet. Also did you wire in a micro relay pack for the bulb check ?

cheers

Wiring kit was from brinktowbars.co.uk who supplied the relays from rydertowing.co.uk.

I asked my local Lexus dealer if there is a plug in point for trailer wiring but there's none so the 12n and 12s wiring fed straight into the relays then joined into the car's wiring with bullet connectors.

Bulb bypass relay fitted TF 2217 (with built in buzzer)

Smart combi relay TF 1170

Both relays fed from one 2.5mm wire direct from the Battery with in line 15 amp fuse.

Hope this helps!

Bulb bypass relay fitted TF 2217 (with built in buzzer)

My Brink towbar (which I got from a Lexus dealer) doesn't have a buzzer for the electronics (thank goodness). Instead there's a circuit that causes the indicators to flash at double speed if one the trailer's indicator bulbs fails (just like if an indicator bulb fails on the car without a tailer).

The disadvantage of this system is that you don't get any indication that you've actually plugged the trailer's electrics in. I reckon that's outweighed by not having to listen to an anoying buzzer every time you change lanes or turn at a junction.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links