Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyres

MARKY46

Hi folks

Having to replace tyres on the IS and looking for a bit of advice from you all out there?????

What is the better all round tyre between the Bridgestone S03 and the Dunlop SP9000?????

I'm looking for something that is good wearing, great under all types of condition and something that gives minimal road noise.

The choice is pretty much between these two but I am open to all suggestions from anyone on alternatives.

The wheels on the car are the standard 17" alloys.

Thanx folks.....

SO-3 are much better in dry and wet. Noise isn't too bad with them but I think the SP9000s would be better (still not that good). SP9000s should also last longer.

Maybe you should look at Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s. As good as SO-3 for grip, less noise and cheaper.

I have read reviews that rate the Vredstein Sportrac VERY highly and are really quiet.

The bridgestone Potenza 040 215/45/ZR17s that are fitted to my new IS200 Sport Design are not that quiet so I will be trying the Sportracs when the time comes.

Regards

nicnac

i just popped 4 new Toyo roadpro's on some 17 inch rims and these are great hold that tempremental rear end in a straight line in the dry and even in the wet as i found out tonite !! tried to slide it round corner i can usually do it on and no play at all stuck like glue , the size i put on were 225/45/17

SO-3 are much better in dry and wet. Noise isn't too bad with them but I think the SP9000s would be better (still not that good). SP9000s should also last longer.

Maybe you should look at Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s. As good as SO-3 for grip, less noise and cheaper.

I'm definitely with Colin on this one. Bridgestones !!!

Had the normal Bridgestone RE040 on car from new = very good.

Then went for Bridgestone S03 = Even better.

Recently, i got the Lexus spec Dunlop SP9000's = a huge pile of poo !!

I hope they wear out real soon because they're rubbish compared to Bridgestones.

For example, Power out of a bend and feels like they're gonna tear off the rims.

Not a pleasant sensation and doesn't inspire any confidence in the cars handling.

In fact, my worn out S03's were leagues better than the new SP9000's

Noise wise, i don't think there's much in it - maybe the dunlops are a bit quieter ?

My car has the dunlops on and i recently had a courtesy car with the bridgestones on and I also thought there was a big difference, both in grip (much more difficult to set traction control off) and seemed to be quieter too. Add to that, it actually has a rim protector (whereas the dunlop just says it does) and it seems to be a good package. But sadly none of this matches up to the awesome tread pattern on the dunlop!