Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Number Plates Issues

hello, i was wondering has anyone had any trouble off the cops about illegal spacing or bolts on numbers plates. If i put a black bolt between two ones so it looks a little like a h will i get any grief of the police. Thanks

From what I see every day around Shropshire, the police aren't doing anything about modified plates, not that it should be encouraged ;)

Since I ordered my plates I've noticed there are loads round here with dodgy spacing - funny how you only really notice how bad it is when you're looking for it!!

I got pulled on the M25 by the Surrey Police just last week for having "illegal" spacing and dots... got a fixed penalty but no points...! Said there on a crack down...hmmmmmmm

So the police keep going for easy prey.

Why the **** can't they get their act together and sort out the :tsktsk: who don't have insurnace etc which we all have to fund.

Know I said ages ago I would go without but it just ******s me right off that there are all these :tsktsk: on the road who aren't paying their way.

£30 isn't that bad I guess, will have to start taking a hire car when I go on the motorway......

:edited: filter didn't pick up the C word :o

I've had a mis-spaced plate for 12 years. In the early years, I was picked up three times - had to get a certificate from an MOT tester to verify that the plates had been changed but no fine (had to pay the MOT people though!).

Recently, I have had no problems (talked it up now). They must be kosher for an MOT or it will fail. However, took my last car in for an MOT and forgot to change the plates and nothing was said - will defiantely use them again.

It's always a risk, especially if it's a quite time for the police but my argument is a mis-spaced plate causes no harm whatsoever - will be remembered better than a standard plate if there was an incident. A mis-represented plate that changes numbers/letters is another story. :whistling:

Me too.

I've got Y 16XUS with a bolt head stuck near the '6' so it reads Y 1EXUS :o

Wife got pulled by the fuzz ( :D :D ) who gave a £30 fine after she asked why they had picked on her instead of catching all the rapists, drug dealers and kiddy fiddlers.....

Therefore 1 number plate for sale, open to sensible offers.

A BLOKE WHO COMES IN THE SHOP WAS CAUGHT TWICE FOR DODGY SPACING OF HIS PLATE . THE BOBBY SAID (AFTER THEY TOOK A PHOTO) IF THE CAR WAS SEEN AGAIN WITH THIS PLATE (WITH THE SPACING THE WAY IT WAS) THE PLATE WOULD BE TAKEN OFF HIM AND HIS OLD ONE RETURNED . HE ALSO WENT ON TO SAY "WHEN YOU BUY A PRIVATE PLATE YOU DON`T OWN IT , YOU OWN THE RIGHT TO USE IT !" SO BEWARE ! :crybaby: