Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

An Electrical Dilemma :(

When I tried to install an mp3 player for my '92 ES300 by myself , I accidentaly cut out a few wires

The next day, the mechanic guy at my local shop coudln't install the mp3 player for me. There was electric going to the mp3 player, but i was unable to turn on the unit. I'm pretty sure this isn't because of my mp3 player since I have tried to install another new cd player and it doesn't work either.

Anyhow, what should I do? It seems the guys at my local shop are clueless when it comes to the wiring scheme--any diagram would be helpful.

P.S. I'm also unable to use the "reset" button next to the odometer reading. What should I do to fix this?

Not sure if this will help you but there are 2 power feeds to the radio etc.., 1 is fed from the fixed power side and 1 is from the switched side.

The fixed power is the 12V that is always on regardless of the ignition switch, this allows the unit to keep it's memory.

The switched power is a feed that isd controlled by the ignition and will power up only when the ignition is either in the first or third stage of the start.

BR

Paul

the power lead you are using is it 12volt and not resisted. does you mp3 player light up at all ?

No, my mp3 does not light up at all :(

Thank you for the replies so far.

Any other comments are welcomed.