Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does any body know if a british mk1 head unit has the same connections as the aristo one. As i m fed up with just getting radio 2 only. tried an expander but found they are crap.

Aso how many varations of head unit was there.

cheers rob.

If you can physically fit either a Single or Double DIN unit into the Aristo (is this the same as a GS300?) by using faceplate adapters or whatever then you can probably get a harness adapter to convert the cars factory harness to ISO.

I put a single DIN Sony MP3 player into a friends Toyota 4Runner 4x4. The factory system was the active one which had a seperate amp mounted under the head unit to which the headunit directly plugged in. I got an Autoleads adapter which allowed me to disconnect the factory h/u and plug the adapter into the harness going to the factory amp.

The other end of the Autoleads adapter had and ISO connector and two pairs of phono leads. It was just a matter of plugging in the stereo to the ISO connector and the 4 phono leads to the line out jacks (one pair for front and one pair for rear) one the back of the Sony.

So the new Sony h/u is working with the factory amp which is still powering the jeeps speakers which I think may be a 6 or 8 speaker system.

I'm not sure if Autoleads do one for the Aristo, worth looking into I'd say.

Hope that helps,

Gavin :)

Should be getting a uk head unit today. Got a good price on a second hand one. the guy said he has changed LS over with no problem so fingers crossed the GS should be the same.

would like a new head unit but as its only my weekend car cannot justify the cost. not when theres other engine mods still to be done.

will let you know how it all goes.

Tried the head unit but plugs are all different. uk unit was a pioner and mine is a fujitsu. the company i got it off said send it back and they will refund me and see if they can match anything else they have got with the photos i sent them.

If anybody wants any Lexus second hand spares then try this company

Swift Lexus Spares for mail order,second hand parts on most lexus models.

tel. 01903 856568 mob. 07748701572

So fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...