Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I had the same problem when I bought my GS 8mths ago, heat shield was loose and rusty..............the fellas at my garage (independant) undid it and removed....they did show me it, I have to say that I was surprised at the state of it considering it is ~4 yrs old and a lux car :blink:

Never replaced it though......................should I??? :unsure:

What heat shield was it?

It's one of the heatshields on the exhaust downpipes Colin.

I was thinking that if I could identify the rattling bit, a healthly splodge of Gun Gum might stop the noise?

Can't make it rattle with the car on the driveway though - only seems to do it when I'm moving

i have exactly the same problem... thought i solved it the other day.. triangular piece of shield covering the Y branch was loose and clip broken.. so fixed it but the rattle is still the and i cant get mine to rattle when parked i have bounced exhaust up and down but no noise the as soo as i go down the rd i get a really tinny rattle and it seems to be getting worse.. might have to check manifold although it sounds like its comming from passager side from under the car..

and i cant get mine to rattle when parked i have bounced exhaust up and down but no noise the as soo as i go down the rd i get a really tinny rattle

flippin annoying innit - might have to shut one of the kids under the bonnet and go for a spin

I took the car to my local HI-Q outlet and asked them to put it on the lift. The heat sield on the exhaust in front of the cat had corroded away and there was a section about 10 inches long loose on the pipe. They took it off and now the rattle has gone. Cost me nothing!

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links