Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

England 1 France 2 Lost Again !

Chris.S

I thought England were incredibly unlucky......:(

But they have no one else to blame but themselves.

Beckham's missed penalty, Heskey's stupid tackle, Gerrards suicidal back pass and James's silly tackle to give away the penalty....pretty much a team failure in the end.

On a plus note, Rooney played good and Ledley King in defence was very solid.

:crybaby:

Zidane is world class.... :blink:

Yeah we did some stupid things, and I suppose we can take heart that we were not exactly thrashed by the world champions. They had the luck and some would argue that you make your own luck. If we can sort out the silliness we can progress. We are all on that familiar rollercoaster ride! :unsure:

Ya have that feeling...

I walked out of the room, and couldnt wathc Beckhams penalty.

I walked out when Zidane took the free kick

And when James took out the frenchie wildly after that mo Fookin back pass...And Gerrard didnt have a good game all night, over hit passes etc...

I walked out to the Garden....~And the whole neighbourhood went "aaaaagh" and "nooooooo", so I knew how that went then in the penalty kick too.

Bitterly disapointed...

Its not over, but would have been a great mental note on Frances game for the rest of the tournament and englands confidence for the rest of the tournament...It would have given great strength of character to the team and Fans.

I think we should have a LOC meet in Ripley next Sunday so we can go through the emotions together..

Of course I won't be driving as I'll be getting shedded!!!

Can't make the game on Thursday as I'll be stuck at work but hopefully ti can't be any worse than today....

Beckham's missed penalty

a bit unfair to say he missed mate - he struck it well, placed nicely in the side.

think its fairer to say barthez saved it rather than beckham missed :blush:

agree with the rest though

I think the save was what should be expected from any international keeper.

Although the penalty was well struck it was at a great height for the keeper to save. Beckham should have buried it in the top corner.

It's easy talking about it now :crybaby:

We have seen it all before... we have some great players but on the day they just can't get it together. Every tournament we all build our hopes up and think our time has come again and :crybaby: play like ****!

As a Scotland supporter I get used to losing- so why can't you :P

I let two England supporters watch the match on my tele, gave then beer, and they still moaned when I cheered the two gaols, I wonder why? :o

As a Scotland supporter I get used to losing- so why can't you :P

I let two England supporters watch the match on my tele, gave then beer, and they still moaned when I cheered the two gaols, I wonder why? :o

Hee, Hee :lol:

I switched off after 87 minutes - I'd didn't want to listen to the OTT commentary - imagine my surprise when I picked up my newspaper this morning and saw the result. :D

Nae offence intended to those south of the border. I have absolutely nothing against the England team - it's those b****y commentators going on and on, 1966 this, 1966 that! Even in games not involving England, they can't help but mention David Beckham and co. :yack:

:)