Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300

I am thinking of changing my IS200 for a 300 as its three years old soon, they are lending me one when mine is in for service and MOT. Is the extra litre worth it, it doesnt sem to make much difference to the 0-60 time!

I am thinking of changing my IS200 for a 300 as its three years old soon, they are lending me one when mine is in for service and MOT. Is the extra litre worth it, it doesnt sem to make much difference to the 0-60 time!

i had the same thoughts when we were changing our IS200 - can i really justify the extra £'s for a 'little' bit more oomph & equipment... but less mpg, depreciation, insurance costs etc

all i can say is, strap yourself in tight & be prepared for a heck of a ride! :D serious smile times ahead when you're in charge of one of these beauties!!

a 'little' bit more oomph & equipment

more than a little - I have never owned an IS200 but I originally went to the Lexus dealer to buy a 200.

However... when I drove the 200 I was underwhelmed by the performance so I tried the IS300 (with styling kit) and I have to say the difference in performance is significant

I have only regretted buying the IS300 once, and that was when I got caught out in a snow storm... but thats the only time ;)

After a 200 mile round trip to Anglesey yesterday I can definately say that I will not be changing back to a 200. The power, the ride even the seats feel more comfortable, it just flies and those lights are something else. Definately well happy. :D :D :D :D

One thing we haven't touched on this IS300 "I want one" forum is - they only sell it with an automatic box- come on that 6 Cylinder sounds fantastic with a manual box - I've not driven an IS300 but I have driven an IS200 auto and I must say it's not as an enthralling drive....

Plus, circa 7k for 1 and a bit seconds is a heck of a lot of money to justify. Especially as the revised IS200 has a very similar spec now.

I agree the price is too high for the IS300 however you do get extras. The 0-60 is not 1 second quicker it is 3 seconds quicker when comparing like for like (IS200 auto - IS300 auto).

IS300 is a much better drive than an IS200 auto.

in the states they have manual 300's,, and given the choice i would have prefered this,, but alas no choice, and this is the first ever auto ive owned.. you cna always play with the tiptronic..