Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Programming Your Key

GOT THIS INFO OFF A MATE , IF YOU GET A REPLACEMENT KEY OR THE REMOTE HAS LOST ITS CODE (DEAD Battery ETC) FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW . I HAVE JUST HAD TO DO IT , AND IT WORKS !! :D

DRIVERS DOOR OPEN AND KEY REMOVED FROM IGNITION SWITCH .

INSERT KEY INTO IGNITION SWITCH , THEN REMOVE IT .

WITHIN 40 SECONDS -

PRESS LOCK AND UNLOCK ON THE VEHICLE DOOR LOCK SWITCH AT 1 SECOND INTERVALS 5 TIMES .

CLOSE AND REOPEN DRIVERS DOOR .

WITHIN 40 SECONDS -

PRESS LOCK AND UNLOCK ON THE VEHICLE DOOR LOCK SWITCH AT 1 SECOND INTERVALS 5 TIMES .

INSERT KEY INTO IGNITION SWITCH .

SWITCH INGNITION "ON" AND "OFF" ONCE TO PROGRAM A NEW KEY CODE WHILST RETAINING THE ORIGINAL CODES OR TWICE TO PROGRAM A NEW KEY CODE WHILST ERASING THE ORIGINAL CODES .

REMOVE KEY FROM IGNITION .

*SYSTEM SHOULD NOW LOCK AND UNLOCK VEHICLE , ONCE OR TWICE DEPENDING WHICH MODE HAS BEEN SELECTED*

WITHIN 40 SECONDS -

SIMULTANEOUSLY PRESS AND HOLD KEY "LOCK" AND "UNLOCK" BUTTONS FOR A MAXIMUM OF 1.5 SECONDS .

WITHIN 3 SECONDS : PRESS ANY KEY BUTTON FOR A MINIMUM OF 1 SECOND .

NOTE --- IF SYSTEM LOCKS AND UNLOCKS TWICE VEHICLE TWICE , PROGRAMMING PROCEDURE HAS NOT BEEN COMPLETED .

NOTE --- A MAXIMUM OF 4 KEYS CAN BE PROGRAMMED .

NOTE --- TO EXIT THE PROGRAMMING MODE : CLOSE DRIVERS DOOR OR INSERT IGNITION KEY .

WELL THERE YOU GO , I HOPE IT HELPS SOMEONE OUT THERE . :)

GOOD LUCK .

JON .

does it loose its memory if the batts flat ?? :question:

No

Phew - thanks colin - it went flat a coulple of months ago and i just took swapped it with the other havent got round to replacing the batt yet.... :whistling: i am lazy :whistling:

Is there anyway you can program it to automatically arm the deadlocks - you know, instead of having to press "lock" twice ? It would be great if you could - I guess I'm answering my own question here, you probably can't because of the health & safety aspect of locking somebody in accidentally as the deadlocks will not allow you to open the car from the inside - I think?

Is there anyway you can program it to automatically arm the deadlocks - you know, instead of having to press "lock" twice ? It would be great if you could - I guess I'm answering my own question here, you probably can't because of the health & safety aspect of locking somebody in accidentally as the deadlocks will not allow you to open the car from the inside - I think?

When you press the lock twice, all it does is turn off the internal movement sensors and has nothing to do with the deadlocks at all (I think) which should all ready be armed on the first press

It depends on the age of the car. The early ones deadlocked all the time on the first press. Then it has changed (in 2001?) to a second press within 10 seconds to deadlock. Pressing after that turns off the interior sensors.

I don't believe you can make the newer cars deadlock on a single press.

Then it has changed (in 2001?) to a second press within 10 seconds to deadlock. Pressing after that turns off the interior sensors.

I thought the way to disarm the interior sensors was to lock and unlock the doors 5 times, using the switch on the driver's door :huh:

Hope it isn't the other way cos I always simply hit the lock button on the remote 3 or 4 times to make sure that it does it all without me having to stand there and listen carefully to hear the deadlocks go :blink:

I've just checked in my manual (2002 model) and it states that to double lock the doors, press the lock button twice. It warns about making sure nobody is inside as they won't be able to get out. Not sure about the sensors being disarmed though!

Why do they change these things. To be honest I find it a real pain double locking !!!

The other thing I noticed was when you press the lock key once the indicators flash, when you press it again they don't flash and the locking noise is different - if you know what I mean ?!?!!

I didnt know that the early models had dead locks B) -- so Colin on my 2000 IS pressing the button a second time will disarm the internal sensors (ie when someone is left in the car?? :question:

Yes, you should get 5 flashes when the interior sensors are disarmed.

I didnt know that the early models had dead locks  B)  -- so Colin on my 2000 IS pressing the button a second time will disarm the internal sensors (ie when someone is left in the car?? :question:

Yes, you should get 5 flashes when the interior sensors are disarmed.

Thanks Colin - i can leave people in the car without making thier ears ring now :lol:

• 2 years later...
GOT THIS INFO OFF A MATE , IF YOU GET A REPLACEMENT KEY OR THE REMOTE HAS LOST ITS CODE (DEAD BATTERY ETC) FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW . I HAVE JUST HAD TO DO IT , AND IT WORKS !! :D

DRIVERS DOOR OPEN AND KEY REMOVED FROM IGNITION SWITCH .

INSERT KEY INTO IGNITION SWITCH , THEN REMOVE IT .

WITHIN 40 SECONDS -

CLOSE AND REOPEN DRIVERS DOOR .

WITHIN 40 SECONDS -

INSERT KEY INTO IGNITION SWITCH .

SWITCH INGNITION "ON" AND "OFF" ONCE TO PROGRAM A NEW KEY CODE WHILST RETAINING THE ORIGINAL CODES OR TWICE TO PROGRAM A NEW KEY CODE WHILST ERASING THE ORIGINAL CODES .

REMOVE KEY FROM IGNITION .

*SYSTEM SHOULD NOW LOCK AND UNLOCK VEHICLE , ONCE OR TWICE DEPENDING WHICH MODE HAS BEEN SELECTED*

WITHIN 40 SECONDS -

SIMULTANEOUSLY PRESS AND HOLD KEY "LOCK" AND "UNLOCK" BUTTONS FOR A MAXIMUM OF 1.5 SECONDS .

WITHIN 3 SECONDS : PRESS ANY KEY BUTTON FOR A MINIMUM OF 1 SECOND .

NOTE --- IF SYSTEM LOCKS AND UNLOCKS TWICE VEHICLE TWICE , PROGRAMMING PROCEDURE HAS NOT BEEN COMPLETED .

NOTE --- A MAXIMUM OF 4 KEYS CAN BE PROGRAMMED .

NOTE --- TO EXIT THE PROGRAMMING MODE : CLOSE DRIVERS DOOR OR INSERT IGNITION KEY .

WELL THERE YOU GO , I HOPE IT HELPS SOMEONE OUT THERE . :)

GOOD LUCK .

JON .

your a legend. thanks. worked a treat.

took a couple of tries but once i got the frequency right it worked.

I also got my spare key working. Its never worked since i bought it..

again i say ..Legend!!!

Darren

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...