Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oil Coolers

Dave-Ellen

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just trying to be helpful Dave. BTW it's possible to buy the sandwich plate already with internal thermostat, unless you are having them commissioned because it's cheaper. Either way an oil cooler is a mighty fine idea  :)

Cheers Mark twas taken in the right spirit :winky:

BTW could you PM with the name of the contact you mention...........may be cheaper :whistling:

What contact Dave?

If you mean the sandwhich plates etc, they are HKS like I think I said in a previous thread somewhere.

I have yours waiting for you for when your engine is ready unless you have found a cheaper or better alternative? No probs if you don't want them :)

Mark, can you clarify, this post........

i think i may be reading it wrong.........or not, i dunno :duh:

Sure Mat, what do you need to know?

ah, no need now, ive read it again and can see what your saying.

so HKS do do a sandwich plate. what is stopping this from fitting the filter mount then on the IS2.

i dont really want to buy one to test if you already know why it wont fit.

surely the filter is a common type screw on.and therefore the screw on type sandwich plate would "screw " onto the "original" filter mount......

the only reason i could see for it not fitting would be space.......

could you let me know why it wouldnt fit.

to be honest though on the Race car, the oil/water exchanger isnt really required, and so a simple sandwich plate is all that is needed.

it wouldnt require much to block the coolant feeds?

mark?

Slap my wrists :blush: "Sandwich plate" is the normal term but isn't accurate in this instance.

This system is designed to blank off the normal filter housing and have a remotely mounted flter with integrated thermostat. Sorry if I confused matters.

There is not sufficient room between the filter and inlet manifold to not have the filter remotely mounted.

You may get away with it if you discard the standard heat exchanger but this may not be a good move.

ahha, now i follow you.....

so a relocation kit, with remote filter head.

so how does this mount to where the filter was? is this also screw on..like the filter.

do you have a picture of this re-location kit, as i would be prepared to do some testing to come up with the best solution.

mark, do you know the thread type for the filter, and filter diameter.

UPDATE

I've spoken to a leading UK company who will be looking to design a bespoke kit for the IS200 for Prolex-UK.

I've PM'd the lucky guinea pig :winky: and will keep you all updated in the next week-10 days.

Will also be looking at the IS300 as Quentin must not be left out :P

I've used the firm myself and the stuff is top quality :D

• 3 weeks later...

OK,

Update...........pics to follow

I've had a trial fitting arranged which has gone well.

No problems with sandwich plate :whistling:

will also come with a thermstat :winky:

All braided hoses & anodised fittings.

Will post some pics ASAP with prices :P

Thanks to Fever for being a guinea pig !

OK,

Price details.

Will be £300 this is the full kit with instructions and all required bits anodised etc............

Pics will be uploaded sometime tomorrow and all things being equal FEVERS car will be available for inspection at JAE

From what I know the HKS kit is £650 + VAT :sick:

peeps interested so far are

supracharged

gordon hutchinson

gus

steveAX

Zee

Maz

DaveEllen

the riight hon lord Aido

Dark_IS200

anymore please let me know ASAP and those above if youve changed your mind let me know please.

Delivery times should be short :zee:

Dave

PS anyone want any oil catch tanks :whistling:

Edited by ProLex-UK

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links