Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Deal!

Whats the deal with getting new wheels for your car cause mine are corroding and i have seen a lot of posts on here about people getting them replaced free of charge. What are the rules to getting new wheels bearing in mind my car is a 2001!!

Cheers

Just what are the problems with the corrosion on the wheels? I have heard only a few bad reports on the is200\Altezza's but one is the wheels. It seems that everyone one has probs. with them.

Why can't the manafacturers sort it out. I know mine is a 99 but they should still be in pretty good condition! :crybaby:

I had my wheels replaced last week with two of them being quite severly kerbed. They paid no attention to it at all, so as long as your car is still under warranty, go have them replaced B)

Btw its unbelivable how easy the refurbs are to clean! The dirt kinda drops off so easily with just water

I am now on my second set of refurbs - No problems getting the last two sets swapped.

I was also told to expect my current set to need swapping before my warranty runs out (6 months) - seems it's easier to just refurb the wheels than fix the corrosion problem.

My last set (refurbs) lasted about 6 months, by then you could actually peel the

laquer off :o (I dont use anything to clean them, just soapy water).

Paul

Mines just ran out of the 3 year warranty, but wouldnt something like that be covered on the corrosion and anti-perforation, which is about 12 years I think.

Mine have started to turn white in places around the rim. Absolutely no kerb rash at all

My last set (refurbs) lasted about 6 months, by then you could actually peel the laquer off

I guess that must be because they're now clearly overapplying the lacquer ;)

i'm not sure if the warranty has been extended for the wheels (because i know it was for the stereo) but even if it has, definitely give it a go because it is a known fault to lexus so they should (and probably will) do something about it

My alloys had started rotting away already (car is 14 months old) - got a new set of refurbished alloys today, including the spare which had never been out of the boot. No problem with the dealer at all, they seem to expect to replace them sooner or later on every new IS they sell. They didn't even care about the gouge that a clumsy tyre-fitter had added to one of them at the last tyre change.

Funnily enough tho', I spotted the same problem on my girlfriend's MR2 - took it to the Toyota dealer, said we had a problem with the alloys and without more prompting they said "corrosion ?". So she's getting a new set of alloys in a couple of weeks too. That dealer blamed it on the Japanese not appreciating the amount of salt and cr*p that ends up on our roads. So Mazda's, Subaru's all do this too then...I think not.

The Toyota dealer used to be a Lex dealer - the guy was amused that Lexus "still haven't got that alloy problem fixed".