Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

tommorow morning i have a mobile guy comming out to my car... £37.50+vat to service and check for leaks and another £35+vat for refill/charge does this sound about right

also is there anyother additives they can put in to keep it smelling fresh???

craig

That sounds about right mate, I paid £35 for the discharge and £35 for the recharge, they did the whole check with no problems, it only takes about 20 - 30 minutes to do the lot, looking for leaks etc... took a while longer.

Not sure about the additives for the sweeter smel but there is a spary for the A/C that you can spray in the vents, leave over night for the the stuff to do it's work and this is meant to last for serveral months. Not used this myself as mine is still working OK with no smell differences.

BR

Paul

I had mine recharged at a refrigerated trailer depot. The guy did it in his lunch hour and charged me £25. Easy money.

As for the spray, I have just used a wynns product called aircool. It got rid of the nasty smell for about 2 days and then it returned.

I have heard of something called an air bomb (?).

Can anyone shed any light?

regas cost me £35 at lexus stockport

(Fish Brothers) Lexus Swindon have quoted me £95 (and they take it to (Fish Brothers) Honda to do).

Amazing how the price varies so much for the same thing.

I have heard of something called an air bomb (?).

Can anyone shed any light?

Gas bomb? Basically a use-once aerosol that you leave for a few minutes in the car with the engine running and the aircon on full blast. I bought one from Halfords (about 15 quid I think). Seems to have done the trick as it got rid of the musty smell.

well i have just had it done... full check and overhall including dye in system just in case of leak..and pressure test the guy said that it was one of the top air con units and for its age it was in remarkable condition ..

its now icey cold ...lovley oh and all in all it cost me £99.88 and he was a mobile call out guy so did not have to take the car anywhere.. which was nice

craig

Was there a Massive difference in the cold air output Craig?

my car's 5 years old and the aircon blows out chilled air but its not really really cold, Ive had aircon before so im not sure what its supposed to be like, is there a way to check if it needs regassing?

Was there a Massive difference in the cold air output Craig?

my car's 5 years old and the aircon blows out chilled air but its not really really cold, Ive had aircon before so im not sure what its supposed to be like, is there a way to check if it needs regassing?

Brettster look in the sightglass under bonnet and while the car is ticking over if you see bubbles its probably time to get a re-charge.

I checked my sight glass thingy and I couldn't see any bubbles but for £35 I got it regasses anyway. I can't notice any difference really and I think it should be a lot colder than it is, will there be anything else wrong with mine or has it not been regassed properly?

will there be anything else wrong with mine or has it not been regassed properly?

One of the things that was suggested to me was to see if the pollen filters were blocked up, apparently this can cause a lesser circualtion of air con air.

• 4 weeks later...

I got mine recharged a couple of weeks ago and it's nice to have the cold air. As an air con virgin, until my GS, I have a couple of questions:

The engine has to work harder with air con on, so in turn it revs higher, but I was using mine last night and after driving for about 10 minutes with it on my revs settled back to normal when in Drive and 750rpm in Neutral. Is this normal, I thought the engine revved higher until the air con was turned off?

Does my climate control only work when I use the Auto mode?

No, the engine revs should stabilise when the air con is switched on. However, these only switch on the compressor when needed, so it will be constantly switching on and off in normal use. The idea is that the engine revs should remain as normal even with extra load on the engine.

When in auto, everything works automatically for example vent direction, fan speed, recirculation on/off etc. All you do is dial in the temperature and it does the rest. However, if you change say the vent position from face vents to footwell this disables this function in automatic, but everthing else still works automatically. Obviously, the more automatic things you change, the more automatic functions become disabled.

B)

well i have just had it done... full check and overhall including dye in system just in case of leak..and pressure test the guy said that it was one of the top air con units and for its age it was in remarkable condition ..

its now icey cold ...lovley oh and all in all it cost me £99.88 and he was a mobile call out guy so did not have to take the car anywhere.. which was nice

craig

Jac

Can i get his contact details my sister lives in Croydon and her mazda 626 AC has packed up

Thanks ;)

craig

Jac

Can i get his contact details my sister lives in Croydon and her mazda 626 AC has packed up

Thanks ;)

yep i will dig out his details for you... not sure if he will travel out to croydon though... but no harm in asking