Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Colours

So reading through posts on here it seems the IS suffers with soft paint. Mine is black and it chips very easily and shows every swirl and minor scratch. Trouble is I think black really suits the car and looks nice when all clean and gleaming.

Are some colours better than others i.e more resistant to marking ?

I might go for Granite next time if it's a lot tougher or the new Antinomy (spelling ?). Are mets better than base paints ?

:lol: In NL ther is a proverb:

Met een witte blijf je zitten.

Which translates roughly into:

You'll be stuck with white at selling time.

So unless you want it to look like an Honda Civic Type-R....

Cheers,

RX-men-8

:lol: In NL ther is a proverb:

Met een witte blijf je zitten.

Which translates roughly into:

You'll be stuck with white at selling time.

So unless you want it to look like an Honda Civic Type-R....

Cheers,

RX-men-8

lol........its true, if its a B*W, but i think i wont have problems with mine.

see i have a theory, and it goes like this.

u have 2 types of white car, ones that look crap, and those that look good.

most Japanese cars LOOK good in white, the IS200/ALTEZZA/IS300 Looks good, very good..........

am i being biased, most defo.........but i think its true :) , ive not heard anyone say.".........that white lexus looks like an old womans crotch" :yack:

yeah got the same prob with my blue one. best colour with regards to maintenance is silver. doesnt show up scratches, takes longer before its looks really dirty, and looks good so easy to sell on

btw, you'll prob have the same trouble with granite sky, any dark colour is gonna show up scratches

Mine is black and shows up all these marks! I have no idea how they get there in the first place! What is the best cleaning gear to hide the imperfections or maybe even prevent them?

white is the best colour, doesnt chip, scratch or suffer from swirls..........

and its very rare B)

All the taxi's round here are white (thankfully no Lexus ones though, just battered Nissans, Toyotas, Vauxhalls, etc.). White is definitely a colour to be avoided late at night - unless you keep your back doors locked!

Best colour for low maintenance is always silver - problem is that silver is a bit too common these days.

im in just let me know when and where :winky: as the paint job on my IS is ****** me of

:lol:

Marcus mines is parked in a driveway, and still the postie and other people brush past it :angry: and theres couple of marks on the back bumper :angry: plus I'm over careful when reversing.

RESPRAY with VW paint? :blink:

Is this a special paint or something as I've seen a few posts about people mentioning VW grey - was it carbon coloured or something?? TIA

I might go for Granite next time if it's a lot tougher or the new Antinomy (spelling ?). Are mets better than base paints ?

I've had plat silver and have now got granite sky.

Plat silver has been better for resisting the chips and the granite sky definitely seems to chip more. However, due to the sparkly bits (mica) in the paint, very small chips and scratches do "get lost". Not so the big ones though :angry:

I have just had the front (bonnet, bumper, wings) re-sprayed and the new paint seems tougher, although Lexus tell me it's no different. I've had NO chips so far in 3000 miles, which for me is pretty good.

Finally, the granite sky looks the biz when polished up. it really shines and the sparkly paint effect looks brilliant.

Finally, the granite sky looks the biz when polished up. it really shines and the sparkly paint effect looks brilliant.

Its the best colour to have mate :whistling::whistling:

Seconded! I have Kens Green, which showed the dirt up loads.

Now got granite and looks fab! The sparkly bits just look great!