Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Am I Too Young To Have A Lexus?

I'm only 19 and have a lexus IS200 sport. My dad bought it early 2002, has had it serviced by lexus leeds, never missed a service. It has high milage (45k i think) but not a mark on it. Sold me it for £7k. I love the comfort of the car, not amazingly quick but i'm tryin to get away from the 'Nova' boyracer image that many young drivers understandably have. But some people say its a grandads car n i should've got somethin else. I love it tho :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets see what they say when you supercharge it and kick out a respectable 212bhp...

oh and lets see what they say when they get a beemer,, oh has your beemer got a/c..nooo mine has,, what about electric windows all round and electric sun roof.. noooo you say.. and option is it.......mine has AS STANDARD..

I'm also 19, unfortunatly I haven't been so lucky in finding one.

I've got a few mates saying its an old mans car. Not Bothered.

I quote "Not being funny mate, you drive a green 1.6 saxo."

I think they're gorgeous cars.

If anyone know's of a nice Sport, Black or Strath Blue, for around 12.5K Please let me know, Autotrader is full of high milage ones!

Thanks

Adam

By the way, Hello.

if its an old mans car then why do Beemer owners always seem to become competitive on the streets and have something to prove? Only last night i kept having this stupid idiot in a BM try to provoke me.... I dont think he was after my werthers originals either!

Forget what people say mate.. its far better car then what they have... enjoy mate!!

well i got my one at 21, and all i got was respect. every cruise i go to you just have people drooling. I bet your saxo mates think they are so cool drving in a budget car!

How many rap artists actualy rap about cruising in their saxo, no, they go on about their lexus etc. slam it, tint it and get a zorst. then see who looks better!

Plus you wont be able to keep the girls away. Lets just say i have been extremely luck in mine! :zee:

I thought the fitties came free?

Thats my plan anyway, the fist time it really struck me to get one was about this time last year, a convoy of us traveling back from a cruise, donny south or trax, got mates with RX7's , P1's etc, then out of the blue, a black IS200 shot down the hard shoulder and did the lot of us...Nuff Respect!

Its a ghetto ride.

Guest mark_tsang

i now 22 & people still say im too young to own a lexus. i still get boy racers in saxo's tailgating me now & again. when i was 18 i owned a 1998 mazda 323f & people couldnt beleive that was mine back then.

Not only are you young enough to enjoy the ride of the Lexus, you have a few more years than most to enjoy as well. :lol:

I'd love to have owned a Lexus at your age, if they find faults, they are only jealous as not to have a good looker thta has most goodies as standard. B)

BR

Paul

Well said Don.

Another point to seriously consider is if you can afford to run it for the mileage you do. And make sure you arent strecthing yourself, because if something goes wrong your going to be off the road, if you havent got the money to fix it :duh:

I saw my first IS200 when I was the tender age of 33. At that time, I had nothing but a rusted out broken down banger, crap job, no prospects, usual sad stuff.

The moment I saw that car I promised myself that some day I shall own one of those.

I wish now that I had seen that car sooner.

Dont you worry about what your Kevin and Perry Mates say to you. You are a winner, you must be to own such a fab car at your age. The are just jealous of you cos they run french muck. :D

Cheers lads, you've put my mind at rest. He had £7k left to pay off and he wanted a new car so he said if i pay off the 7k.... its mine :D I wanna put 18's on it n slam it (someone above has also suggested this). Where can you go to get a lexus IS dropped? Thanks for the reply's guys :winky:

I'm 21 and own one. I bought it a year ago. Everyone thinks I'm mad to have an expensive car as I do about 4k miles a year and am never home to drive it.

Everyone who gets in it loves it though.

I'm still in the 'cruise' scene and just laugh off the saxo boys! I traded in my VTR for my lex and had a Nova before that.......