Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Am I Too Young To Have A Lexus?

Congrats with getting the Lex..

Looking at your location, it's another Wakey member.. Check your PM..

The Lexus bodykit can be purchased from your Lexus Dealers..

Join Gold and you'll be able to get some discount..

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I traded in my VTR for my lex and had a Nova before that.......

:sick::sick:

At least you've seen the error of your ways, bet you used to be a 'dreamer' i.e had lex lights on the back of your car :lol: O well at least you've seen the error of your ways... B) i hope :unsure::blink:

Pies probably better a reason to get one is that you only do 4k a year, that way you can afford to run it and mod it :winky:

For those young ones doing serious modding, let me now if you find fair insurance for it!!!

Sorry for hi jacking the post (it is related!) How much is the Lexus kit from the dealer. The same as imi has in the pic?

Different dealers have their kits for different prices, my mate managed to get his TRD Kit same as mine for about £500.. even though the guy at Lexus Leeds was saying £600 :lol:

It pays to ring around different dealers and get the best price, some even offer to deliver the Kit to your door free off charge :whistling:

Thanks. I might get it done as a homer at my local lexus bodyshop. Not exactly sure on the price though. I fancy the genuine lexus kit as I'm not into dramatically changing the lines of the car.

I pay less than 700 fully comp for my insurance with multiple drivers. I can't complain! As for the mods, I won't be seriously altering it. I'll buy a quick toy and keep the lex my luxury cruiser!

Thanks. I might get it done as a homer at my local lexus bodyshop. Not exactly sure on the price though. I fancy the genuine lexus kit as I'm not into dramatically changing the lines of the car.

I pay less than 700 fully comp for my insurance with multiple drivers. I can't complain! As for the mods, I won't be seriously altering it. I'll buy a quick toy and keep the lex my luxury cruiser!

TRD, TTE, Neo kits are all offical lexus/toyota ;)

£700? how many years no claims do you have? and who are you insured with?

I have 4 years no claims, 5 in August! I'm insured with Norwich Union through a broker.

I hope to get the premium down this year too!

I'm 24 and have got a GS300 Sport Mark 1. This is my first Lexus and one I've had my eye on for a few years, but never seriously thought that I'd buy one. I love it, it's comfortable, quiet and luxurious. My Dad's owned a couple and that's when I got to experience the brand first hand before having the opportunity to buy my own.

Thankfully I've come from a three litre car (300ZX Z31 auto) to this so that wasn't an issue, in fact I get more to the gallon. B)

I have 4 years no claims, 5 in August! I'm insured with Norwich Union through a broker.

I hope to get the premium down this year too!

Dam knew should I have got my own policy as soon as i passed :angry: , o well paying only a G with no no claims B)

Mate you get that IS and sit back and just :lol::lol: at your mates, when you do get the IS they will all want to go out in your car as it will be the best, you only have to look around on here to see how you can Mod the IS then see who says its for an old man

i'm only 21 myself and I can tell you that it's pure jealousy!

I come from a pretty welthy family but i have NEVER gotten a cent more than the ones i work for and everyone around here that don't know me think i'm a spoiled brat! I just don't give a :tsktsk: about them... it actually gives me confirmation that they like my car... and here in norway there i veeeery few Lexuses (only 389 IS200\sold to date, not one 300) so to be 21 and have such a car creates envy!

ENJOY!!! :D

I agree Norway.

My parents are ok off, nothing special, but when i got my car3 months ago everyone though that they must have bought it cos iam 22 and buy a brand new IS200 in Australia. What they don't realise is that it wasn't hugely expensive and i have a reasonably well paid full time job.

Besides i don't own it its a novated lease, and Lexus were offering 4.9% interest at the tim *BLEEP* thats cheap.

Anyhow 19 is not too young, i think the IS suits all ages if you want it too look younger its very easy new rims and drop it. bingo looking younger allready.

PS. spend less time worrying about em and more time driving passed them after you kick em to the side walk and make em walk home. LOL

I put a deposit down on a mint black sport last week, i'm 19, got one set of mates that drive bling and fast cars, RX7's scooby's Golf's S3's 328 beema's, they're all saying what a fantastic choice of car, then i have a few mates with saxo's that say its a grandad car, not being funny, they're wana bee's, they put lexus lights on their car cos they want to follow the style, find me a saxo with as many toys as a lexus.

French ****, get me a pimp black lexus anyday.

I know what the ladies prefere, a bumpy **** plastic saxo or a bling crib on wheels.

• 1 month later...

I am 21 now, bought my IS 200 when i was 20. Before that i had AUDI:), people didn't see me when i stopped in the crossroads, now it is bothering me, they look at my beauty-beast tooo much:) the same with females:) just, that don't bother me:) the most important thing is not to live by the motto: "Hungry, but modded":)

cheers

nothing wrong owning a car like lexus is200 at 19/20. but the insurance wont be cheap at that age. im 23 now & when i was 19 i got a honda civic. even then people say 'like wow' never mind a lexus.

some may say is down to jealousy but why would people want to spend lots of money on insurance for luxury or high perforamnce cars at ages like 18/19/20??? wouldnt u wait few yrs till your say 23-25 y/o that way your insurance be bit cheaper. mind you insuring a lexus at young age is nothing compared to some cars - i know someone that got a impreza sti special edition, called.....340 or somehting. age - 22, insurance £4k !why do these people bother??!! as for insurance for any cars i would pay more than £2k. even if it means waiting for it to go down.

definatly not too young, I got mine at 27 thanks to selling house in Stevenage, to move back up north. The first thing I got told from a neighbour, was it the car now used by the drug dealers in Liverpool. If it is a Grandads car they would still be with the BMW's. Also why are there so many boy racers with Lexus style lights? why have fake when you can have the real thing!

Not to young at all.

At 17 I had a 3 year old 2.0 Nissan Primera, at 20 I had a 2.0 automatic Avensis, now at 21 I'm currently eyeing up a nice LS400 (now i'm 21 I can afford the insurance on a 4.0!)

what is the world coming to eh. i got my license at 18 & vuaxhall corsa as 1st car. a primera/avensis cant be cheap insurance at 17-20 y/o. & at 21 thinking of a ls400, good luck with the running costs & servicing it & did i say insurance....

now do i sense less nights out & pub trips & more debts.............

now do i sense less nights out & pub trips & more debts.............

I've have enuff good nights out and blown enough money on it to last a life time ;)

Yes the debt issue is very worring...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links