Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Personal Plate

It has been a difficult few months for my Dad, deciding whether or not to sell his W reg 2000 IS200 Sport! But now he has come to a decision. He is going to let it go. However, i would like fellow owners' opinions on whether or not his personal plate, W200 LEX, is worth selling individually? I would be grateful to hear from anyone else who has sold a similar plate? Maybe a fellow owner would like to make an offer? It is difficult to put a price to it, but it would have to be a reasonable offer to tempt my Dad with the hassle of completing the paperwork!

Re: W200 LEX

Similar 'W' plates are £399 from the DVLA - this price includes VAT and the assignment fee.

It would cost £80 to transfer your dad's plate to another car, or £105-ish to transfer the plate to a retention certificate (so you can sell it).

You may be able to get a couple of hundred £ on the sale, if someone wants that particular plate, especially is someone wants a _200 LEX plate, as the DVLA don't list any _200 LEX plates to be available.

The downside is the time it takes - it isn't an instant process: I recently transferred my plate from my old Avensis to my IS200. You need to go to a local DVLA office and hand in the V5 documents for both cars. You then can't sell the car until you have the new V5 which can take up to 4 weeks. (Alternatively, you can get DVLA to send you the form and I think you can post it back to them).

I have seen registration numbers sold on eBay, so you may want to try there.

Cheers

Phil

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links