Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Open Road Event 2004

chip

Just been to the lexus 2004 open road event and, had the joy of trying all the range, and YES all still paint chip and scratch, some things never change even after all the complaints.

But my choose still keeps coming back to my IS200. everything is laid out just right, followed by the new rx300.. shame the spare is underneath and not inside like the 200's - remember " EVERY LEXUS IS A COMPLETE LUXURY EXPERIANCE" though. :D :D

Gs 430 sport - nice to look at, smooth drive - but my demo had white dials like a ford fiesta and centre console squeeked, drove me mad and suspension was like riding bare back on a whale. More work required me thinks.

Still well organised yet food wasnt upto last years standards, guess it was cut back to provide more more cars and bigger venue (Saint Hill Manor - East Grinstead) I can live with this, after all its the cars we want to see.

Anyone go?

I was at the Saint Hill Manor for the morning session. Took the RX300 offroad - there was one serious drop on that course! Went for a waft in the LS430 and of course the obligatory spin in an SC430.

Nice setting, and they did do breakfast rolls (sausage, egg, mushrooms etc) though the food got a bit scarce later on. All the staff were really helpful. My mate enjoyed himself, although he said the best bit was spotting people oggling his NSX (what a poser)!

Did the Guildford event on Thursday - drove IS300 / RX / SC / GS300 Sport - great day with the usual arrangements and no hard-sell (or any selling for that matter) - really enjoyed the SC in the sun after doing the event last year in the pouring rain - just surprised at the amount of scuttle shake with the roof down !

Liked the GS loads - had a GS430 as a loan car last year so thought I'd give the 300 a go - really nice, could be tempted if I wanted to change mine ...

No - especially after I liked the drive last year - albeit with the roof up in the pouring rain - this year I came away disappointed - never mind cos I'd have to win the lottery first anyway !! :P