Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gold Class Shampoo

Right spent last night doing stage 1, just done stage 2, and going to do stage 3 in a mo. (Exams are over, pampering my baby :) )

Anyways I paid £6.99 for rubbish small bottle of turtle wax extreme quik dry :tsktsk: shampoo. Thought it was ok, before I done the 3 stage, but now i just find it dries up too quickly and leaves loads of water marks and possibly even striping the 3 stage off...

Does the Gold Class shampoo really keep the wax on the car and still draw the dirt away?

Because my plans now is to wash her with gold class once or twice a week and treat her to a layer of NXT every month? Sound like an idea or forget it :question:

:crybaby: Wow! Two times a week! I used to put a wax layer on to protect the car over the winter and........re-do it in spring.

Hose it down now and then.

But then, while you're cleaning your car 2/3 times a week, I'm probably 'wrapped up in my baby's arms', so.......... Strokes for folks? (Apt analogy?) :winky:

Now THAT'S what you call 'pampering your baby'!!! :excl:

couldnt say if it keeps the wax on or not, but after a 3 stage i've only ever used gold class shampoo and the results are pretty good for a while, always comes up looking great! i wouldnt know how to tell if the wax was still on or not! but if it goes by shine id say it does.

Gold Class Shampoo brought mine up great, but the dust seemed to be attracted from miles away.

So i switched to NXT shampoo, and it might be wishful thinking but it doesn't seem to attract as much

But the cars black it looks great for couple days and then it needs washing again !!!!

Raz,

I had a big look around the net at that NXT stuff and I don't think now that it actually does layer like Zaino etc.

Basically it has cleaner's in it which will strip the previous coat - from what I read people who were saying it was the danglies after a couple of coats were seeing this because they had an even layer over the car.

It does look fantastic but I'm definitely trying some of the stuff from the Perfect Car Kit soon as that looks nice!

if you want a product that protects the car, and can be layered, then have a look at Klasse Sealant Glaze

you apply this over your polish, and you can apply more than one coat without removing either your polish or the previous coats.

Aido - I am getting this with the Perfect Shine kit - hoping to get about 5 coats on it before I apply the P21S carnuba wax.

need to leave about 8-12 hours between coats - so will be doing one an evening for a few days :lol:

Good point fella, it's been nice these past two weeks and my car is minging, thick layer of crud all over it, saying that I've done nearly 2000 miles so guess it will build up :(

Will sort her out this weekend...

when I wash my car I do not use soap.... only if the car has road film from the rain.

I wash with water and then apply the spritz all over.. perfect every time!