Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stage 2 Upgrade

tdiplc

Here is a picture of the new pistons and connecting rods for the TDi stage 2 upgrade for the supercharged is200.

The connecting rods are reverse H section forged EN40B steel which about the strongest available with high tensile bolts. The pistons are low compression high silicon forged aluminium.

This combination eliminates the weakness in the standard parts and enables more power to be realised than the current safe level of stage 1.

We are in the process of developing the stage 2 boost kit.

They look very nice, who are they made by

the conrods are much more substantial than the pencil thin OEM ones!!

I could tell you but you know that I would have to kill you :D

Suffice to say that the guys we contracted to make them are among the best in the world, as I hope you would expect.

Mark,

Will the engine still be non-interference with the new pistons?

Am I correct in thinking that this means, with an unmodified IS200 engine, if the cam belt breaks there's no chance of the pistons hitting the valves and causing the expensive damage that's often associated with broken cam belts?

Or have I completely misunderstood something?

Mark,

Am I correct in thinking that this means, with an unmodified IS200 engine, if the cam belt breaks there's no chance of the pistons hitting the valves and causing the expensive damage that's often associated with broken cam belts?

you are indeed correct......

Mark,

you are indeed correct......

Cheers. That's nice to know :)

And how much will this all cost then ... How long to fit... ? Be honest please ..

2.5k for the photo stuf :whistling:

2.5k, is that for the whole set, or are you talking each :blink::blink: , and what else is needed for this stage 2 upgrade?...tempting, but not for a long while.... :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

And how much will this all cost then ... How long to fit... ? Be honest please ..

2.5k for the photo stuf :whistling:

2.5k, is that for the whole set, or are you talking each :blink::blink: , and what else is needed for this stage 2 upgrade?...tempting, but not for a long while.... :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Thats the whole set......

Looks like a cam belt change every 2 years as well then :shutit:

Mark ---- New cam belt when assesmbling the new engine please. I know its only done 20k miles but its nearly 3 years old....

Mark,

Woahhhhh there. Maybe I misunderstood Colins question :blush:

I took the question to mean is the piston to connecting rod fitment an interference fit like standard or fully floating.

If the question was meant to mean is there valve to piston contact during a timing belt failure, I don't know. I think we will check during the course of Daves engine build as this information could be useful.

You don't have time for this messing about - get back to work :blink:

You can play with these new toys once you've finished the monster - NOT before :lol:

Don't worry Tony, The Monster is being worked on non stop except for a bit sleep and food now and then. Dave's engine is also currently undergoing development.

Any chance my new engine will be ready for collection tomorrow evening :whistling: need some help is dispatching Mr Fargo @ Santa Pod :sick:

Nope. But for a small fee I could arrange to sell Mr Fargo some methane instead of nitrous for his refills tomorrow :ph34r::lol::lol:

and what else is needed for this stage 2 upgrade?...tempting, but not for a long while.... :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Tony, as you have the stage 1 upgrade already all you need is the engine internals, the stage 2 pulley kit and some FCON remapping.

Any chance my new engine will be ready for collection tomorrow evening  :whistling:  need some help is dispatching Mr Fargo @ Santa Pod  :sick:

Nope. But for a small fee I could arrange to sell Mr Fargo some methane instead of nitrous for his refills tomorrow :ph34r::lol::lol:

damn you all to hellllllll

Any chance my new engine will be ready for collection tomorrow evening  :whistling:  need some help is dispatching Mr Fargo @ Santa Pod  :sick:

Good man :ph34r:

have a big curry !