Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tint Company In Berkshire?

Just got a quote from Sol-Ace for tinting the rear and rear side windows as on the sport. They said they would need to remove the parcel shelf and speakers so quoted £280+vat. Seemed a bit steep and do they really need to remove the parcel shelf?

Anyone know of other tinting companies in the Berkshire area?

I know the rear window on my IS200 Sport is a real pig to to clean :angry:

I've always thought it necessary to pay attention to giving the windows a good clean with glass polish when cleaning the interior of any car I've owned but I have to say the IS is the first car I've came across problems in cleaning the rear window throughly

The speakers don't allow you to get right down to clean the glass fully, its just too tight. Need to have very small hands. It helps to remove the high mounted stop light if your car has one :winky:

The IS200 S doesn't have the big speakers of the SE/Sport so perhaps it wouldn't be really necessary to remove them for tinting, I'm not sure. Maybe someone who has tinted the IS200 S rear window will be along soon.

Forgot to mention it was an S so just did. They're not sure if they can get away without removing the parcel shelf. If they can it'll be £250+vat.

From memory, there is a good deal more room to get at the whole window on the S (smaller speakers) so it may just be a matter of removing the high level stop light and you would probably get away.

Just need...check out the insurance change.

I didn't think window tints affected the insurance? It hasn't affected the premium on my last two cars.

Let me know how you get on with your insurance.